Roasting El Salvadorian Coffee

Any successful roasts out there of similar greens(pictured below) that I could take a peek at?

How would you approach this roast?

I have done a few roasts but not cupped yet and I know I should probably taste before I start trying different roasts but my curiosity outweighs my patience :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers!

You can try to do searches on Roast World, either through Beans-> Discover then filter on the specific bean and when you click on the specific bean you should see on the right who have roasted that bean and their profile(s); or Roasts → Discover and filter on “El salvador” and you’ll get a list of people who put that in as part of their roast profile.

Granted, these searches could be better, but it’s still all a work in progress as I understand it.

2 Likes

@blacklabs Thanks for the tip! I was thinking that too but I was hoping for some reasonings behind why people choose their temps, how they plan the roast, the “bean data” they look at and how they make decisions with it.

There is lots of info on google but it’s mostly with other roasters plus this is more fun!

Cheers!

@jpn.Demir - rational is a bit harder just looking at data :slight_smile: Problem too is the “why” can be influenced by multiple factors (ambient temps, batch size, PH, etc.) plus objectives (light vs. dark). It’s never a simple answer is it? :wink: But that’s part of the fun. I find something that looks like a good starting point for the batch size and PH and then I adjust from there.

Edits: I think I may have a couple of El Salvadorian I roasted… feel free to look but don’t ask me about the rational… I am not sure I remember!

1 Like

@blacklabs Hoho, if there was a simple answer I wouldn’t be in to coffee roasting :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the tip, I’ll be sure to take a cheeky peek at your Salvadorians and maybe follow up with some questions :smiley:

Cheers!

1 Like

We’ll see if I even remember any of the “why” or how it cupped…I’m not so good with taking cupping notes for every batch…unfortunately… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I roasted an El Salvadorian a week or so ago
https://roast.world/beans/etLo139mGGrnEtwakn6w
The profile was for brown sugar, dark chocolate but I’m getting fruit, very nice though.
https://roast.world/my/roasts/MuFRiO741OKMrri_xeoeu
Ill change a couple of things next roast to see if I can get to the brown sugar thing.

1 Like

@forrey45 Awesome, Thanks! I’ll be sure to peek when I get to roast again.

Cheers!