RoastTime not completing synch with RoastWorld

For some reason RoastTime has become locked up in continual “Synching Calendar Events” and roasts in RoastTime are inaccessible. When RoastTime Is started up it begins “Synching Records”, then moves to “Synching Roast Schedule” , then on to “Synching Calendar Events”, where it remains seemingly into perpetuity. The completed roast are fully accessible in RoastWorld but are only listed in RoastTime and not accessible. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

I believe this may be related to this: Service Outage - #2

Once this is sorted if you are still having issue than I am happy to jump on a call and figure it out with you!

As of 10:27 EST, now, synch is only partially working on my machine. Synch is stuck on “synching calandar events” and won’t complete. Although I get the graphical image of my roast on Roastime, there is no info on any roast in the “Edit Roast” function; there is however, that info in RoastWorld

Is all data on RW? If so, you could backup your data folder, delete it, and restart to resync everything down from RW.

MC, in addition to my previous post re hung up “synching calandar events”, I note that there is one roast called “untitled roast” dated 8/5/2024, that is showing in Roast World but not in RoastTime…is there a way to remove it from Roast Worldor is this because I still have a synch problem?

Hmm… likely a sync issue. Did you delete it yesterday?

Thanks!

No sorry, I have not have a chance MC… I am leaving momentarily for a two week wilderness trip to Northern Canada and scrambling. I’d like to do the backup now don’t have the knowledge of or time to figure out where the backup file is located in my PC. Can you suggest location? And is there a way do do a forced backup to ensure it is current? Thanks

If you’re on Windows the files should be under your c:/users//AppData/Roaming and a sub-folder in there for roast time. There may be two sub-folders and one of them has your roasting data and bean data sub-folders. I am not on the laptop that I run my RT on so I can’t tell you exactly the folder names.

1 Like

I’m having the same issues where my roasts are not syncing. there was a software update last week. Not sure if that may have introduced a bug into the system. but as of today…no syncing. kind of a pain tbh. Hope its resolved soon though.

Hi,

Which direction? Both?

Hello!

from the bullet to roast world. I’ve tried logging off both roast world and roast time. No change. my last update was Aug 1st but my last roast was the 7th. getting ready for a few more today…maybe it’ll toggle it to update? we’ll see.

thanks!

Try re-logging in and see if that fixes it.

Hi mcaillo,
The following is a copy of an email I sent you on Monday; don’t know if you received it. In quick summary, I have been unable to complete a synch since the cloud failure, about August 7:

"I have been trying to resolve my synch issues since Aillio’s cloud problem that occurred about August 8 or so. In your last email you suggested that I try deleting my Roast Time data folder , which I did (Roast World still has 600+ of my roasts with the exception of a few I have done since August 8) and Ive tried numerous other things, to no avail. Synching still will not complete…it never is able to get through “Synching Calendar Events”. Other symptoms include not being able to edit roasts that are already shown as complete in Roast World and Roast Time.
Upon restarting RoasTime , it occasionally fails to start and I get an error message “ERROR: BACKEND/UNAVAILABLE…Failed to connect to Roastime’s backend after retrying 5 times” (and then directs me to try again)

I roasted this morning and things went normally however the completed roast never appeared in Roast World Time and disappeared on my PC Roast Time . No roasts I have completed since the cloud failure are recorded anywhere that I can find.

I was tempted to try to somehow reinstall Roastime but unsure of the best way to do this plus concerned I might create a bigger problem (its been 15 years since i did anything significant on a PC so my knowledge base/skills are suspect at best)

Appreciate some help.

Hi @larz

Do you want to jump on a TeamViewer session quickly today?

Sure if you tell this old dog how :slight_smile:

When do you think we might do this today?

Can you jump on the public slack: Slack

Message me (Matthew) when you get on!

I’m on Matthew

Matthew, I replied via Slack , re Teamviewer session