RT 2.4.3-alpha Released

For those willing to test new s/w, looks like RT 2.4.3-alpha has just been released on GitHub. The Aillio site has the (possibly!) more stable beta release as the newest, not this newer alpha release.

Bruce

1 Like

Your a ā€œgood eggā€ Bruce for sharing information to the Bullet community here. :clap:

1 Like

Guess Iā€™ll never learn! :slight_smile:

Uhā€¦never learn what? Was it connected to the post you removed ('cause I didnā€™t see it).

I was applauding what you do for the folks here and realistically, I see more news from you about Bullet software information than I do from Aillio. :grin: Wax-on bruthaā€¦:sunglasses:

Iā€™ll never learn that ā€˜alphaā€™ means pain! :slight_smile: Unconnected to the removed jibberish post that smacked of too much time out in 100+ deg AZ heatā€¦ aaarrrggh!

Bruce

Yes, in a more formalized release environment, alpha would be reserved for internal testing and a few select invited external users under the supervision of the engineers to help out and troubleshoot if there are any issues.

Even I wonā€™t gamble on an alpha release :joy:

It is hard for me to gauge Aillioā€™s thinking with these releases. Why just drop new alpha-releases without any release information, engagement and follow-up afterwards to the very people that are willing to help? Iā€™m thinking out-load and know that Iā€™m ā€œpreaching to the choirā€. :nerd_face:

1 Like

As long as I can revert to a prior s/w release I donā€™t feel trapped. F/w, however, is essentially a one way street. Some have gotten help reverting f/w to a prior release, but itā€™s a big deal and you canā€™t revert to your personal preference. Configuration management is difficult at best and never done without someone feeling dumped on (better not use an emoticon for that sentiment!).

Just speculating, but I suspect R.W users are competing for attention with FB and the new roaster (R2?) development.

Maybe they got abducted by Aliensā€¦:alien:

If you see anything in your alpha screens about ā€œall your base are belong to usā€ā€¦revert quickly! :arrow_backward:

:slight_smile: Iā€™ve been warned!