RT & RW: Can we sort/filter by PH & hide the "Your last viewed roasts" sections? [answered]

A few feedback looking at the RT UI and as my number of roasts increases.

Currently RT 3.4.1 main UI page when in viewing “my roasts” looks like this:

As I am using a rather small screen of a Surface Pro 2nd generation, I would like the option to not display the “Your last viewed roasts” - it takes up too much real estate on my screen.

Second, in the list view of the roasts, I would like to see PH temp for the roast and be able to sort on that. I was trying to find all my roasts with a certain PH temp but couldn’t do that in RT, I had to go to RW. However, in RW I can’t sort or filter on that at all but as least I can scroll through all 69 roasts. That said, this will be come a bigger challenge when there is more roasts to scroll thru.

I ask because now I roast either ~500g (~1 lb) or 1kg so I’d like to see what I did. My PH is not a constant across all roasts of a given green weight.

Thanks in advance

5 Likes

Hey @blacklabs,

I think we can make the “Your last viewed roasts” hide-able or at least take up less screen space than it currently does. I’ll add this to our internal backlog as something we can work.

Secondly, I’ll bring up adding the PH column to the roasts table in our meetings as I think it’s a nice idea. The only concern I can see with this is that it can also lead to too much real-estate being on the tables. On RW, I can definitely add the filtering and sorting for the PH.

Best regards,
Derrick

Hey @derrxb on the RT UI, my screen shot shows max width on my Surface Pro 2 screen. If I shrink that width down those 5 icons to the right of the date becomes part of an “Action” drop down menu - which is great. So I don’t think have a fixed PH column that we can sort on in the RT UI is going to be a big issue since it seem Matt is already dynamically showing that “Action” drop down when there is not enough width.

On the “Your last viewed roasts” - hide-able would be best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh! You’re right, @blacklabs. I didn’t realize this is how it would behave on smaller screens. I’ll add this our backlog.

Best regards,
Derrick

Hey @blacklabs,

I worked on implementing the sorting feature for the MyRoasts page on Roast World. You can sort by all the fields on the MyRoasts page except by Bean Roasted.

Best regards,
Derrick

1 Like

Thanks Derrick!