Searching profiles on R.W

Is there a way to search on roast.world besides what appears to be user search? I’m trying to see if I can search, for example, for other people’s roast profiles where they did sample roasts using 150g. It is unclear to me what is the result I’m getting when I put in 150 in the search box when I’m in “User” portion of R.W as all I see are 7 user profiles pop up with 0 roasts. If this type of search is possible please let me know how.

2 Likes

would love to know too. anyone?

Good call! And also would like to search for Bullet roasters in my country to connect with. Can you pls add that search field?

2 Likes

The search engine is definitely something I think would benefit from some new features.
For example :

• searching by roast weight (i.e search 500g roasts)
  • searching by charge temp
  • searching by roast total time
  • etc.

This would allow finding and comparing roasts much easier. Consequently, it would make it easier to discover people who roast in a similar way and enhance the community sharing aspect.

3 Likes

To me, this sounds like we should expose a “Find Roasts” option similar to that of find beans. I’ll bring this up at our weekly meeting to get some feedback and see if it’s something that can is possible

6 Likes

@derrxb It would be great to be able to search various attributes of a roast profile, eg; roast profile description (filter, espresso etc) green bean origin, batch size, exit temp etc. I also find the community.roast.world and roast.world separation disjointed and no so intuitive to navigate. I love the ability to look at and share profiles. Perhaps roast profiles should have it’s own forum category? It would also be great to encourage people to add cupping/tasting notes to their roast profiles. Sharing knowledge and everyone’s own experiences will only elevate the community as a whole and get us all roasting better coffee!

2 Likes

You can share profiles from R.W by copy pasting the link into community.roast.world. The community forum is run on a free (if self-hosted) open source platform software called Discourse so it has to run separately from R.W which I believe is built in-house. Discourse needs its own sub-domain.

3 Likes

What he said! You nailed it @david.nash.aushr2