Seattle Area Group Purchase?

Hey, I have a wholesale account at Royal and I’m willing to split a bag (60kg) with a couple other folks if anyone is interested.

The one I think I’d like to do is this one.

https://royalcoffee.com/product/44618w/

It’s one some awards and is pretty good deal.

1 Like

Im in Seattle. I have a lot of beans right now but may split a bag in the future!

1 Like

Cool, lets do it.

email me.

Im in Snohomish! Ive got a nice Ethiopian from Royal, id sell you some at cost if interested. Ive also got the Ethiopian Arfasa from Genuine Origin, id sell you some of that also if interested.

206-406-3120
-Dave

Old thread; but I’m in seattle as well and also potentially interested in future group buys.

hey, there are like 3 of us that have group purchased recently.

What types of coffees do you generally like?

1 Like

Hi! I usually like to rotate through a good south american, often an ethiopian, and always stock a tasty espresso blend. (I’m just moving up from a Behmor as of this week; so coffees are about to begin finally tasting more unique, I think!)

I used to purchase from Atlas coffee and went through a 100lb sack of their Rosebud blend, but last time I tried to order was told they’re not selling to home roasters anymore.

I was trying to purchase from Atlas a while back and got the same response. I am now “Chetskiville Roasters LLC” and have a business license as such so I am now able to purchase from Atlas. Currently, I am looking at a Guji Hambela, Dame Dabaye WS bean. It looks promising.

That being said, I would be interested in any group purchases as full bags are a bit much for my purposes at present…

2 Likes

Love this–I was considering looking into what it would take to get a business license as well. Was it easy?

I’d definitely be interested. Not everybody likes blends; but in their latest “current offerings” sheet, I spotted a “slack bag” of 62 lbs of their Rosebud espresso blend, which I’ve found to be quite good. (And, a better quantity for home-roasting than their typical minimum!)

Getting a business license wasn’t too difficult. I had to register the name ($200) then apply for the license ($229). I also had to get a WA State Certificate of Formation ($82.50). I can’t remember if there was any other paperwork I had to complete prior to applying, but I did have to get the EIN from the IRS afterward…

As for Rosebud, I was looking at the profile for that and I already have a blend similar to it with Ethiopian and Brazil beans (sans Columbian beans), so I probably wouldn’t be into that one.

For the record, if you need me to help you get the Rosebud blend, I will. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate that! (The offer and the information.)

I’ve found Genuine Origin to be a good supplier. They don’t require shipping to a business, and their minimum box is 65#.

Hey folks, some of us have been already purchasing a large amount of green beans in bulk in the Seattle Area.

I’d make sense for us to just make a green-beans mailing list and share our stock amounts and costs for trades/purchases.

For example, I’m currently at 20+ kg of Brazil/Ethiopian from Royal. Chet has Hambela, Dave has Costa Rica I believe. We are already trading each other regularly.

I’ve created this google group here that you can join if you want to be in on the action.

https://groups.google.com/g/seattle-green-beans

1 Like