Setting initial Fan speed at Charge stage. How?

This may be a silly question but I can’t seem to figure out where and how to set up the desired Fan Speed at the Charge stage?
All my roasts currently start at F2 and I want to see how I can change this to start at a different Fan speed.

1 Like

There’s no way to pre-set it like you would with PH and D, if that’s what you’re asking. The only way to change, that I have figured out, is to make sure on the face panel the F2 readout is in fan mode, then when while you charge the beans and the Bullet announced “roasting has begun” (or whatever she says) hit the + or - button. I have to do that to get to F1 to do my initial heat soak. However, I don’t know if f/w versions makes any difference - I’m still on 562 and haven’t upgraded. I do know with later versions of f/w you can get to F0. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Thanks blacklabs, it is just very weird that one can adjust everything else but not the Fan speed at charge. There is either a very good reason for it or it is one hell of a design oversight, which is unlikely with Danes. :slight_smile:
Anyhow, hope someone from Aillio notices the question and sheds some light.

1 Like

You can change it.
When you are in shutdown mode press F1 multiple times until you are under fan settings. Also there you change PH temp and drum speed.

3 Likes

Thanks banjac88. :+1:

1 Like

@banjac88.IORJ do you know if this has to do with version of the firmware? I don’t recall an ability to set the fan speed for charge time. I’m roasting this weekend so I’ll check my setup. What version of f/w are you on?

I just checked on my Bullet and I don’t have any way of changing the defualt fan speed.
I am on firmware revision 605.
I can’t access shutdown mode with a cold Bullet.

In OFF mode, the default settings are:
1 is FAH farenheit or Celsius
2 is the volume of the sound, in particular “charge”
3 is the default Drum speed
4 is the default power setting
5 is the Preheat temp
I do have a Bl26 which is the newer version of the fan calibration, according to another thread on the forum
I don’t have a 6 for default settings. I calibrated my fan a long time ago and haven’t re-calibrated it since.

It is not possible to set default fan speed, only drum speed and induction power, and preheat.

You do have some control over initial P/F/D settings if you use a Recipe…

1 Like

Jacob, is there reason why it is not possible or was it just an oversight that might be added in future F/W revisions??

1 Like

Year ago we were super busy getting the bullets production ready. We got requests to be able to change the sound level and some problems led us to overwrite the ability to store the default fan speed. Instead the menu item was replaced with sound levels. Something to do with the EEPROM memory, how data was stored and backwards compatibility at the time. Since then only a few people have requested the feature, and we have been busy doing other things.
So it was there before but replaced… if enough people want it then we can put it as a priority.

1 Like

@jacob it would be great to have it back because I start the roast at charge with F1 for some “heat soak” time. I’d even attempt a f/w just for this :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks Jacob. I agree with blacklabs, would be more useful and more relevant to roast management to have this feature than the ability to control sound level. Kind regards… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Or, maybe that depends on what sound level it defaults to! :slightly_smiling_face:

Please include me as a strong vote to add it back. That’s the one feature that I really miss every time I roast.

2 Likes

Make that two votes then

1 Like

@jacob votes are adding up :blush:

1 Like

Yes, please add F pre-set back.

2 Likes

@jacob that’s at least 5 votes for being able to pre-set the F speed at charge time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

please – add me to the list. I’ve messed up multiple sample roasts from forgetting during back-to-back sessions.

1 Like