Silencing Deadman Alarm Trips First Crack Start on RoastTime

I’ve been having a frequent problem where sometimes when I silence the Deadman Alarm on the roaster, in RoastTime the First Crack Start and/or First Crack End flags are set even though I did nothing in RoastTime. I had been seeing these inadvertent triggers in RaostTime, but It took me awhile to notice they were simultaneous with silencing the Deadman Alarm.

Anyone else notice this?

Josh

I think the F1 button triggers the FC marker, regardless of whether or not the alarm is triggered.

dpiette,

You are correct that it is F1 that is triggering the FC marker. I use F1 to clear the A-02 Deadman alert. I’ll try another button and see what happens.

I am concluding this a glitch and should not be happening. Does RoasTime really use F1 on the Bullet to trigger the FC marker as a design feature? The Bullet manual says use any button to clear A-02.

Josh

Yes, F1 is the FC switch. If you don’t have a computer connected this is how you mark it.

I think this is working as designed, but it is definitely a workflow flaw!

d

At one point the manual said to use the A-button to reply to the A-02 alarm (over 2 years ago) so I’ve grown attached to that habit. I’m embarrassed to say I wasn’t aware of using F1 to record 1C. Well, as my ex-wife might say “you can always tell a Bowman, you just can’t tell 'em much!”

Bruce

2 Likes