Unknown Bug that erases roast titles, corrections, and descriptions

Same here, I have been able to add notes (to the curve) during the notes, but anything edited in the edit window gets erased, so titles and descriptions, as well as corrections to yellow time, and so on.

Sorry it is happening to you, as well. I’m already in a state of pause, so this only affects my testing and nothing more regular.

@derrxb
An update after a 3 week pause in roasting-
Roasted with Client 1.119.01, Proxy v1.42.2, Comm v1.10.58. No issues with Editing roast Comments during Preheat, Roast or post-roast either on the Roast page or anywhere within Roast History. Any issues I thought I recalled have all been addressed.

Again this is on a Win11 installation.

Bruce

Interesting, I’ve been taking a pause the last few days, maybe it will just sort of work out? Is this a new year Y2K thing? Haha, jk.

Yes, I have been having trouble with my roast names, bean, and green and roasted weight info disappearing. It appears to save and then next time I click on the roast or open roastime they are empty. It has been pretty frustrating.

1 Like

@ferg does this happen consistently? Happy to to do a screenshare with someone to get this sorted out.

It has happened during my last three roast sessions, each comprising of multiple roasts. I wrote down the info and put it in later and it seemed to work, but then when I opened up Roastime today to review profiles, the last three roasts from the most recent session were gone again.

Are you always online syncing, or primarily roast offline?

I get the same result if I edit the roast title while I am roasting, it seems to retain the title, but anything I edit after the roast is done, gets erased.

Yep, so far, editing the roast title and info during the roast is the work around for now.

Just have to click on “edit current roast” while roasting.

Unfortunately, any closing comments or edits to Yellow or FC made after the roast get deleted/erased

Also, I’ll confirm that deleting the “indexes” folder does not fix the issue.

I’ve also deleted all of the folders and that did not fix the issue.

I’m about to start uninstalling the app, and if that doesn’t work, I guess I’ll have to try reinstalling my OS? lol.

Are you sync’ing online?

I’m assuming if you sync, it isn’t an issue, but I don’t have internet where I roast unless I used a hotspot(of which I have very little, so I don’t use often)

Are you syncing online?

Are you always syncing your roasts online?

I usually use a hotspot, yet. I think on the last one I did not though. And maybe even the roast session before that.

Would be curious to see if the issue happens when you are syncing live, or just for offline users.

100%. Always sync’ed when connected whether roasting or reviewing charts or ??

Again: Win11.

Bruce

True, I don’t think there are any analytics tools for offline users.

But was curious if perhaps the issue happened during an offline session, but “fixed” itself when you reconnected. Or perhaps “broke” when you moved to a new server/client or something and had to re-sync over time? I’m throwing out wild guesses here.

I think most of us roast with RT connected to the server.

If your roast offline the data on your laptop should sync with the server once you go back online.

Can you roast offline and see what happens?