A follow up to recent post regarding firmware update troubles. Still having major problems updating firmware, and it’s frustrating, so roast time developers please help out
It might be firewall related and it might not be – I need help finding out.
So far, here’s what I know
• Roast time 1.x updates with no problems; so, hardware, cables etc. is fine.
• Firewall settings are fine as well when Roast time 1.x is allowed through
So basically, I am only changing roast time to 2.x and updating USB drivers and allowing roast time 2.x to pass the firewall in the exact same manner as roast time 1.x (basically just full access – any to any from any)
Then this happens when Running roast time 2.2.0 beta. (or the other roast time 2.x releases)
• Trying to update to firmware 507
• Roast time 2.x refuses to update firmware, never successfully updated the firmware
• The Bullet enters update mode, and I see/hear windows detecting new USB hardware
• Firmware never downloads, it is always stuck at 0 % - never moves.
• What I think I was supposed to see, was the update bar go from 0 % to 100 % and the firmware updating – update bar just stays at 0 %
• Roasttime.exe 2.2.0 beta is allowed through Comodo Internet firewall. I never see it blocked in the log
• Allowing manually or automatically through firewall does nothing
• Reboots etc. does nothing
I am not sure it is firewall related, even though it was suggested by Matthew. I can’t say for sure it is not firewall related. Are you using some internal windows services to update or is it the roast time.exe that downloads the firmware?
Please help me with what I have to keep an eye on. I am an educated programmer and network/infrastructure specialist, even though I haven’t practiced this for 10-20 years – just to let you know, I think we can solve this together, so no need to be gentle