Upgrade to RT 3

New user to Bullet, veteran Hottop roaster.

Upgrading the software erases all my previous roasts. I must say I’m not too impressed so far.

I don’t know why you’re not seeing the previous roasts but they are backed up on the server. We need @derrxb to help you.

Bruce

You’re right, @bab. Roasts are backed up. I will double check to see what this issue might be.

This might sound silly, but do I need to be logged in online as well as use Roastime in order to have that backup? I did just look at my Dashboard and it only shows one roast, not the previous three I did…however, I’m not sure if I was logged in online at the time or not.

1 Like

You don’t need to be logged in on both RT and RW in order to roast. Just RT should be fine.

However, if you were logged in with another account or as a guest that could explain the missing roasts.

Are the roasts only missing from roast world? Or is it also missing in roastime?

BTW, fee free to join our RT slack to get faster response times from us with RT and RW issues.

Join me on Slack: Slack

Sorry I didn’t get back to this sooner.

In answer to your questions, my first two roasts (which turned out pretty good) are missing from both Roast World and Roastime. I know I had an account with Roast World before those roasts were roasted, but I don’t remember much more than that.

I’m coming from Artisan and Hottop and I must say things are very different…frustratingly so.

One thing I’ve never had happen in all my computing years was the loss of data due to an upgrade. I don’t understand the why of that one…that’s ok, it just is.

Thanks for your link to Slack, I’ll check it out.