USB Light

Hello everyone…
I bought a second hand Bullet. But broken usb light. From Türkiye in İstanbul. What kind of light would you recommend?

Depends on how accurate you want the colors.

In general, as long as you use the same light everytime, you’ll just get used to the way it makes the beans look.

Green and yellow are close on the spectrum, and a lot of lights can skew the color one way or another. So judging “yellow” can be 20degrees different with certain lights, just because you can’t “see” the color change yet. But again, you get used to whatever light you end up with.

They also should sell the USB light as a part from an Aillio vendor.

The best LED lights are usually a warm white.

Also, don’t get a hot light, as that area around the roaster doesn’t like heat. Actually the Bullet doesn’t like heat in general. (Referring to the exterior where sensitive electronics are, not inside the drum)

1 Like

check out this thread Colour Temperature for Roast Monitoring Light - #4 by wm1

I’m using one of those LOHAS reading lights, and I think it’s great.

2 Likes

I think I will buy IKEA Tertial and choose a white bulb

2 Likes

Very smart looking, and nice that it can move around to view maybe fresh beans under inspection.

My light is around 4800Kelvin.

I find 5600K is good, but not everyone likes the feeling.

3200K is just too orange, and difficult see specific color changes.

Tungsten is 3200Kelvin, but has a natural color spectrum, and is not as bad for seeing color changes as LED, but between 4400K to 6500k LED can often be better than tungsten for color of the beans.

2 Likes

I think if I find a good bulb with these values, it will be a very good result.

‘’ 4400K to 6500k LED ‘’