Using RT4 Offline

Hi,

Just wondering if i can use the RT4 and my bullet totally offline?
Do i need an internet connection, as the new update on RT4 wouldn’t open up unless i have the internet connected. Is that a must or is there a way to use it totally offline if i don’t have internet?

I’ve also noticed that when i eventually do connect to the internet and log in, the roast preferences from the settings all reset to defaults, I’ve even set up the curve parameter values and they also reset to 0. Thinking this is a bug in the new update now.
Help please, thanks.

Hey @80plusroastery.moe,

If you’ve log into RoasTime while connected to the internet, you should be able to then roast completely offline. We also have an option to login as a guest that works completely offline. This stores the roast profiles locally. If you then log into your actual account, RoasTime will prompt you if you’d like to move these offline roast profiles to your main account.

Derrick

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for prompt reply.
Last week i opened Roast time and i wasn’t connected, i tried to log in as a guest but i couldn’t for some reason, so i had to get online to log in, maybe that was a bug or is there something i am missing?

What if i log in as a guest, would i see my roasts on my profile, or would it be as if it’s a totally different profile without any of my previous roasts present to maybe review or load a recipe?

Also, why did my roast settings change to defaults? I’ve actually wanted to make sure of this, so i closed the app after setting up everything as i had them, turned off my internet, opened RT again while offline, and couldn’t logg in. So i connected to the internet and logged in to my profile normally, only to find out that i reset the roast settings back to defaults (ibts measurements, curve parameters, etc).
Could you kindly look into this please, maybe it would be fixed with an update.

Many thanks.

Hey @80plusroastery.moe,

Did it give you any error message when you tried logging in as a guest while offline?

Nope, if you log in as a guest you will only be able to see the guest roast profiles and recipes. This is meant either for users who don’t have an account yet or just need to log in temporarily as a guest. This is also why we also the guest profiles and recipes to be migrated over to your main account when you log in with it.

The resetting might be a bug. I added this to our backlog so that we can have someone assigned to look into it.

Thanks,
Derrick