Weird issue after Firmware 591 Update

I am running RT 3.2.3 and recently updated to Firmware 591.

After the update, I noticed the 02 error doesn’t multi beep its just one short beep? I was afraid to hit PRS and it eventually made a loud grunt and cut the power to 0 and the fan to FC… should I have hit PRS? Why shorten the time to hit it, am I the only one who has hit it and accidentally ended the roast before?

can we plz @jacob get the old sound back

If you press PRS while in Roast mode you will advance to Cooling mode. Ignoring A02 alarm sounds for the moment, it sounds like what you saw was to be expected. I use the button at the upper left (the A button) to silence the A02 alarm.

Apparently there’s been a change to the alarm audio pattern… a few have mentioned that.

Bruce

I had the same thing happen 4 roasts in a row. I’d get multiple error 02 alarms and then power would drop to 0. I was unable to make any changes to power, fan or drum speed. I lost 5 pounds of beans. I contacted Aillio yesterday and am waiting to hear back. I also could not find the error logs anywhere. Perhaps it’s a software issue? I’ll let you know what Aillio says.

I’ve suggested the A-02 “error” is changed to something like “RU OK” to inidcate it’s something you should respond to. As Bruce has said, if you don’t reply, the roaster will shut down to cooling mode to keep their lawyers happy. We all seem to have favourite “yes I am” buttons - mine is F2.

All these threads about firmware update issues makes me just want to not do anything. I’m still on 562 that my V2 was shipped with. Since there are no “release notes” I am not seeing a reason to go through this pain to updating :grimacing:

3 Likes

Did I miss the memo? Lol. Thanks so much for the info! I guess error A02 doesn’t mean “continue roast to end” anymore. Tom

I must say that I’m quite happy with the new sound patterns.

I love that I can empty the chaff collector with the Bullet on without the annoying sound.

Also the new A-02 sound can differentiate easier of another and more serious problem.

I use F2 for void the alert, is a quite safe button.

1 Like