Why Does My Creamer 'Curdle'

I know the answer might be simple, however, I roasted an Ethiopian on Sunday morning, and it has had over 72 hours to rest. My wife enjoys creamer or (1/2 & 1/2) in her coffee. It curdles I am assuming from the brightness and acidity of the coffee. Now for the quandary…if I increase development into 20%+, to tame the acidity, I will almost lose a great deal of the lemon tea flavor profile of this Duromina.

Do others have similar results with creamer, and how can I tame it without ruining the flavor profile?

Maybe the answer isn’t so simple? I’m no expert, but the freshness of the creamer, the temperature of the coffee, and the acidity in the coffee all seem to me like they could be important variables. Maybe you could try a different batch of creamer, or gently heating it first as you would temper an egg, or maybe pouring it over the back of a spoon to disperse it?

I drink coffee black but am kind of curious what the results would be.

The actual acidity of the coffee will not change much if you roast further. I found that most coffees I tested had a Ph between 5.5 or 5.7, regardless of roast degree.
Obviously there are MANY other factors that do change considerably when you roast longer.

The only time I’ve had coffee alone (e.g., without some stupid addition like lemon juice) curdle the cream was also with a bright, acidic coffee, and it was one that I had made very strong. It might be caused by how strong the coffee is. Trying a weaker brew might help.

I don’t really know if the strength is the issue, since the details of your brewing aren’t there, but just an idea.