Wireless RoasTime in the Future

Ok thanks. That’s how I was testing as well. In off mode, but after it says, “Bullet is ready”. Hmm… a bit disconcerting

That doesn‘t depend on how a monitoring device is connected. Even though it has a wired connection I could walk away. Risk management I’m responsible for, not the machine…
I would be happy to have a chance to use a roast.time app connected wireless to my bullet on my iPad.

1 Like

This is nothing but speculation on my part-

Actually, you’re not the one the only one that’s responsible in the eyes of the safety organizations that dictate what parameters are to be removed from sole control of the operator. “What happens if…” is a question that has to be answered over and over in the approval process for certification. In the US, UL approval is voluntary for home use but for those owners here that are using the Bullet for a commercial application you have OSHA to be considered for work-place safety. And in the EU approval is a requirement in order to gain certification.

Also, you may recall the law suit brought against MacDonald’s several years back when a customer burned themselves on hot coffee. I remember thinking at the time “what part of hot coffee do you not understand?!” But MacDonald’s lost the suit (or at least settled) and had to add labeling and signage warning about the evil dangers of coffee being hot. A fire inside the roaster could lead to a similar circumstance for Aillio.

So I don’t see a change coming in this area if component failure or consequential damage is a consideration that can be resolved through automated operation. But of course this is just personal opinion and YMMV. I just “deal with it” and use long preheats (but less than 60 minutes!) or even a quick vacuum of the chaff collector to manage BT prior to charging.

Bruce

They could still make the Deadman warning only accessible from the front panel. That would remove the liability issue

Yes, I heard about stupid things like that and see those CYA measures day by day. It’s not my pice of cake to be honest. I more rely in individual responsibility, all those paternalism and nanny state makes me angry… What will come next, a pulse sensor for the operator connected to the machine?
Who might not be allowed to use wifi or bt by regulatory rules should use wired connections. But at home I’m my own boss and would appreciate to have the option as a smart modern solution.