Wireless RoasTime in the Future

Just thinking this could be a logical development in the future, replacing USB interface with wireless, such that roast control could be done, say, using a smart phone in Android or iOS. I do some meat smoking using PitPal and though there are fewer control variables for my PitPal than there are coffee roasting with a Bullet, it would seem RoasTime wireless is something possible to progress toward.

3 Likes

There is a future update I read about somewhere that indicates activating the bluetooth functionality of the roaster.

Didn’t know that the roaster had such functionality. The plot thickens.

@matthew, does the v2 bullet have the Bluetooth module installed or?

it was confirmed today that the Firmware for the bluetooth module is imminent; hope it’s bluetooth v4.0 or even v5.0 installed!

3 Likes

Possibly a BAD idea, you could be away from the roaster and really not know what is going on, first hand, with the roaster. Like maybe a fire.

During my roasting this past Sunday I did see the Bullet as a “discoverable” device on my laptop’s Bluetooth! I didn’t try…

1 Like

I would welcome this functionality. Hope imminent means next firmware update.

1 Like

I’d use that all the time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would be great!

2 Likes

Would love to use my iPad Pro instead of my MacBook. So much more convenient

1 Like

Just checked with the Bullet on and idle, and I see no BT signal from it, no matter what device I use to check for it (iPhone, MacBook Pro, HP laptop, Android phone). My bullet is not even a month old from Sweet Maria’s last stock / batch. Not sure how it’s showing up for @blacklabs

Popped right up on my Samsung/Android phone. Couldn’t pair with it, but it was there-

1 Like

Interesting. Have to imagine we’re on different f/w, but when I first plugged mine in and ran RT, it showed it running the beta version. I’ll have to go back and re-look at that

Yeah. Shows my Bullet running the beta (562). Not sure what else would be different.

I’ve been using 562 since it came out (11/2020?). No help from me I’m afraid… my hearing aids work with the s/w and that’s extent of what I know about BT!

Bruce

Heh. So strange. I hope that’s not something of an issue on mine for when / if the time comes it gets utilized.

@bobstrengera5kj Sorry just responding now. I did check again today when I ran a roasting session to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating either, but @bab confirmed it too. Here’s my screen shot to prove it :slight_smile:

Same f/w also 562 beta as that’s what my Bullet shipped with when I received it in January 2021 from SM.

1 Like

Does it only show up while roasting or anytime?

It showed up when the Bullet is plugged in, to in “off” mode still. I didn’t have the USB connected either to make sure.

1 Like