3D printed bean deflector

Thought I would share this here since i got such positive feedback in a Facebook group.

I made a 3D printed bean deflector/bean chute from ABS. It has been used on back to back roasts & on 2 pound batches. The ABS material seems to hold up to the faceplate temperatures.

I had a couple questions about the mounting screw, so here is a little more info on that. This is designed to fit the original screws. The thru hole is a little snug around the threads. I did this to allow the bean deflectorr to hold the screws. Insert the screws into the bean deflector just deep enough that they barely stick out the back side. Then position the bean deflector in place until you feel the screws line up with the holes. Hold in place with one hand while screwing in with the other hand. No dropped screws and no more dropped beans.

They can be purchased:

1. Purchase thru my online store. https://bitethebulletcoffee.square.site/
7 Likes

OOooooo can I purchase one off you? :wink: (assuming you’re in the US)

2 Likes

Nicely done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like you’re sold out on Etsy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that I got the last one. :sunglasses:

According to Etsy: There were 17 people with them in their carts and only one left. No brainer there. LOL

1 Like

Thanks for your purchase. I have my printer busy making more as i type.

1 Like

Just put more in stock and the printer is busy printing.

Just snagged one! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice! Your roaster actually looks happier

3 Likes

It like a smile. Never though about it until you posted this.

2 Likes

I received my deflector today. Attached easily with 2 of the existing screws. It looks like it was designed and installed at the factory.

Good job Shane!

5 Likes

Glad to hear you are pleased. I didn’t really plan on selling them, but after posting an image and having a couple people ask, I decided I needed to figure out how to make them available.

1 Like

Very neat Shane. Any chance you are going to restock these again? I would love to purchase one if you do.

Thanks, Jimmy

I just put 5 more in stock on Etsy. I will be printing more tomorrow. Thanks for your interest.

Just purchased one, cheers!

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Hmmm it is coming up as unavailable for me. Can I send you my address and Venmo you? Thanks!

Thankfully my order via Etsy went thru and I’ve received it yesterday because I’m not on FB nor do I use Venmo. Now my Bullet has a nice smile :slight_smile: Looking forward to putting it to use this weekend when I have to roast 5.5 kgs. As @billc said, it looks like it is factory OEM.

1 Like

@blacklabs Thanks you for you positive feedback. I roasted 8 pounds on Sunday with mine.

Now seling on Ebay as well to bypass Etsy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125837759075?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Zk6ZM-LpS5m&sssrc=0&ssuid=Zk6ZM-LpS5m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY