3D printed bean deflector

Fair enough too - it’s a good engineering choice.
I’m just thinking lazy :smiley:

1 Like

@shane1 will you be selling the deflectors on EBay again or was that a one off?

I couldn’t find them on your website either. Are they still there?

Ebay was just a one time thing while I was having issues with my Etsy shop.

They are available on my Square shop. You need to make sure you set the option to shipping at the top of the page, or you only see my roasted coffee for pickup.

They are also available from my Etsy shop.

Square shop link:

Etsy shop link:

1 Like

Huge shout out to Shane! Bought one of these deflectors and installed in less than a min. Knocked out five back to back roasts today and this thing is a life saver for runaway beans during the dump. Great price and super fast shipping. Thanks so much man! :raised_hands: :clap: :raised_hands: :clap:

1 Like

Another happy customer! Really looks like it shipped with the roaster.

1 Like

Very happy now, this was a very very good addition!

1 Like

One issue with fancy magnets is they permanently demagnetize around 100°C.

The Curie point (the temperature at which all magnetism is lost) for most Neodymium magnets is much higher than that. Different formulations have Curie points between 340°C and 360°C.

The maximum operating temps, the maximum temperature at which the magnet should be operated to prevent any irreversible loss of magnetism, range between about 80°C and 220°C, depending on formulation. This is not an exact temperature and likely can be fudged a little.

Next time I roast (later today) I will measure the face plate temp.

-Gray

Just realized, this entire discussion is pretty much moot - the front panel is aluminum, so magnets won’t stick to it at all!

-Gray

Magnets work fine on cooling fan exhaust attachment, screws work great on bean deflector.

Screws on the deflector give only one exact mounting location, so results are consistent.

I just got some magnets in for the cooling tray exhaust adapter. I am working on a alternate design for that.

Anyone outside of the United State interested in purchasing the my bean deflector? I have now successfully shipped one to the UK. I can work with you to get a quote on shipping. Just let me know.

Hi Shane, have you shipped to Sydney, Australia by any chance? Would be interested to know what the total cost would be including shipping.

Thanks mate…

Gaby

Send me an email and i will get a quote for shipping.

Email is
[email protected]

Thanks

1 Like

Gaby,
It is on its way.

Thanks Shane, I received the tracking email.
Thanks for sharing your invention with us.

Happy to get mine on Monday! So tired of burning my right hand… LOL!!! can you now, figure out a quick release electrical cable solution for cleaning when you take off the face plate? Other than a few minor things these Roasters are damn great design!

1 Like

It’s a Danish design. What do you expect :blush:

Solid point! :rofl:

It would be nice if they put a connector to allow you to unplug the cable going to the front panel so that you could completely remove the front for cleaning. I do not plan to mess with this.