Alarm when removing chaff tray

When I remove the chaff tray between roast it gives an alarm with continuous beeping even though roaster status is off.
Is it possible to quit that annoying noise?

Not sure what you mean by ā€œchaff trayā€ā€¦

• the chaff collector?
  • the cooling tray?

If you refer to the chaff collector mounted at the rear of the roaster body, that will stop cooling inside the drum which may cause an over-temp alarm. That might happen if the roaster is still in a mode that involves heat being applied, e.g. Preheat, Roast, or Cooling modes. Aillio Support would have to tell you about that (Aillio.com ā†’ Contact tab; fill out a trouble ticket).

If you refer to the cooling tray where the beans drop when you end the roast, there are no alarms associated with that which Iā€™ve managed to trip. If it is the cooling tray and you disconnect it from the roaster, Iā€™m not aware of any alarm caused by that, but then I have never disconnected the tray during a sessionā€¦ ??

If you were referring to the chaff collector and had wanted to clear excess chaff during a roast session, Iā€™d suggest using a small vacuum pushed thru the little rubber trap at the bottom of the collector without removing the the collector body from the roaster. That will keep some measure of cooling air moving thru the drum (Sweet Mariaā€™s has a YouTube video about doing this).

Bruce

1 Like

Sorry for not having been precise enough. Iā€˜m talking about chaff collector and I removed it for cleaning between two roasts during cooling, but not in heating modes. Of course itā€˜s possible to to open the rubber only, but for me it would be easier to handle with removing the collector. Itā€˜s working fine, but the beeping alarm is annoying.

The roaster is coming down from roast tempsā€¦ must have tripped a temp alarm. @jacob would need to address this.

The rubber door is at the bottom of the chaff collector for this mid-session chaff-clearing purpose. But if your roasting arrangement places it in a hard-to-teach spot then youā€™re trapped. Might learn more if @jacob comments about the cause of the alarm.

Bruce

1 Like

How hot is the roaster when you do this?
My guess is you have the new certified roaster. This has a switch that turns off both fans in the back when pulling off the chaff collector. If the roaster is hot and trying to cool down then you will get an error as the fan stops. There is not much we can do about this for now.

2 Likes

Youā€˜re wright. OK, not nice, but I habe to clean it by opening the rubber using an extra bin to collect the chaffā€¦

We are testing a new firmware that improves this for new bullets.

2 Likes

My solution was to use a small shop vac to clean the collector between roasts through the rubber ā€œbungā€. It gets > 95% of the chaf and is self contained, no additional mess.

2 Likes