Bean Inventory - Adding a new beans does not work [answered]

Thanks for the feedback, @mark.palmos. I’ll look at it tomorrow when I get to work.

1 Like

Thanks fella, you are a STAR!

I am having a related issue. I was adding some new green beans to my inventory today (new shipment from Sweet Maria’s came in.) All four beans were already in the database, so I could select them from the list. The problem arose with two of the four when I completed the inventory page (starting weight and default cost). I clicked the “Add to Inventory” button to complete the addition, and it was grayed out but never completed. Just hung there.

I tried restarting the browser, and also tried logging out and back into Roast.world. Still couldn’t get through that last step of the “Add Beans.” Anyone have any idea what is going on? The other two beans added just fine first time.

thanks for any leads.

Hey @greg,

Happy to help debug this. :slight_smile: Were the two beans that couldn’t be added beans that already existed on Roast World. If yes, can you share the link to those beans. It will help debug what exactly is causing this.

Best regards,
Derrick

Thanks @derrxb ! The bean is Sweet Maria’s Indonesia Nusantara SWP Decaf. I see 3 entries for that bean in the database, maybe that is part of the problem? I have tried all 3 and gotten the same result.

/Greg

@derrxb , any update on debugging?

@derrxb , I wanted to add that I’m seeing the same problem trying to add new beans from my last shipments as well. I’ve tried Safari and Firefox so far–before and after your last update in this thread–and both hang in the same place and way.

Im not able to add green beans either. My dashboard says I have added 6 but “My Bean” does not show anything. New user here with a new bullet and just trying to get started.

Hey @jsims006, I’ll look into this and fix it/let you know what happened.

Edit: I looked at this and found the 6 beans you had mentioned. However they were marked as deleted. Do you remember if you ever marked them as deleted? I’m not sure what happened there. I unmarked them and they should show up in your My Beans section now.

Derrick

1 Like

I did delete them because I was playing around trying to learn the inventory counts/weights (which does not seem intuitive).

Is there additional action I need to do when I delete a bean? It seems if I add one then delete it, I cannot add it back. I am new so maybe there is something I am missing.

Much appreciate your help :slight_smile:

In My Beans I still do not see any beans listed. It says “You do not have any beans in your inventory” and when I try to add a new one, it says successfully created but in My Beans it only shows that message with zero beans :frowning:

You should be able to add a bean multiple times despite deleting it. If you’re on the bean page and the “Add to Inventory” button doesn’t show up after deleting a bean, you can try reloading your page.

Can you let me know what parts of the inventory stuff doesn’t seem intuitive? I’d be happy to make improvements

Regards,
Derrick.

This is strange. I looked at your profile and the beans do show up. I’m not sure why you can’t see them.

Oh, when you’re logged in and on the My Bean’s page, you should see two tabs: one called Active and the other called Archived. Are you currently on the active tab? Here’s a quick link to that page: My Beans: Active.

Derrick

I’m a new user, too. I don’t think RoasTime v3.4.1 is integrated well with your inventory at Roast.World. I can add a bean in RoasTime, and that will sync with Roast.World as a new entry, even if that bean already exists in your inventory. RoasTime will not access the existing inventory created in Roast.World. The only way I can get my inventory updated after a roast using RoasTime is to save the roast and edit it in Roast.World after the fact. It’s not intuitive, and probably an unintended omission, if I am not missing something.

That’s the behavior I’m getting and this is a bug… prior versions of RT didn’t have this issue of having to edit in RT and again in RW.

Hey @ghost.WhCO and @blacklabs, are you both able to see any beans listed in the All the Beans page on RoasTime as shown in the screenshot below? Are you also not seeing any beans showing up in the bean search dropdown?

Are you re-creating the bean in RoasTime that was already in your inventory on Roast World, @ghost.WhCO? If i’m understanding correctly the issue was that this bean wasn’t sync-ed down to your local RoasTime so that’s why you need to re-add the bean?

All the Beans page

Bean Search dropdown when editing roast
This is an example of how beans are listed in my RoasTime.

My whole inventory is listed in the “All the Beans” page with the descriptions. But the dropdown menu lists only the bean roasted, and it only shows this after I edit the roast in R.W. Before that, the dropdown was empty.

Thanks for the quick reply! I can re-create the issue you’ve mentioned. Sorry for any inconveniences caused. We’ll have this fixed in v3.5.

In the meantime, I can think of two workaround after recreating this issue.

Workaround 1: Staying in RoasTime (You might only need to do this one on RoasTime startup)

• [Optional] Create a bean from the All the beans page. You can either force a re-sync or wait about a minute for the bean to be synced in the background.
  • [Optional] If beans added on Roast World are not showing in RT, you will need to do a manual re-sync from the All the Beans page
  • Once the app is started, first visit the All the Beans page. This will ensure that all your beans are loaded in the app’s state. A part of the issue seems to be that the results shown in the dropdown depends on the data first being loaded by the All the Beans page. This is a a bug as it should be able to list the beans without this requirement.
  • Afterwards go to the edit modal for the roast you’d like to edit. If the dropdown shows an empty list, type in an empty space and then it remove the space added. This should load all the beans in your inventory.

Workaround 2: RT & RW
In RoasTime you can input all the roast fields except the bean. On RW, you can then link the bean to the new roast. RW is be able to handle the inventory change by reducing the on hand/in stock weight of bean that you added to the roast.

Hey @blacklabs, you can also try these workarounds. If I’m not mistaken, you might already do #2 so if you’re down you can give #1 a try.

Let me know if any of these works workarounds work for you both.

Best regards,
Derrick

1 Like

It does seem that if you type something in the dropdown, even if it appears empty, matching options will appear. This is helpful.

both the Active and Archive say I do not have any beans in my inventory. Can you just reset my profile?