Calibrated vs. Uncalibrated Blower Fan

@jacob

I’m not seeing much of a difference between calibrated and uncalibrated…

As a matter of fact, my uncalibrated looks low. I double checked the uncalibrated 3 times…

Ive seen numbers from 2 other roasters…ver different than each other and both different than mine.

When Calibration was introduced in April with f/w 507, there had been no FA, FB or FC setting option and the biggest setting-to-setting speed differences were at the low end starting below F1 thru F6. Your Uncalibrated data looks not a lot different than the Calibrated data. I wonder if the original Uncalibrated range has disappeared, replaced with a better starting point… ?? You were around when this was introduced- did you happen to do a chart back then to compare to?

Bruce

I bought my V2 bullet new around a month ago. Here is my calibrated vs uncalibrated fan

I just recently calibrated the fan. Prior to that, I didn’t look at what my fan speeds were. I assumed they would be close to what Jacob posted.

FYI…FA, FB and FC have always been available… in his post, Jacob just didn’t show them because he implied that they were untouched by calibration.

One thing to note… I don’t have a chaff basket in the chaff collector… maybe because of that, the fan doesn’t feel as much resistance, so doesn’t spin as fast? IDK…

Has anyone noticed after calibrating the fan that the Aillio roasts faster? I’ve tried all different fan speeds. Didn’t make a difference. I ultimately had to incread by charge, but even still the curve isn’t quite the same.

If you look at the post above from @blake_manning you’ll see that the lower end of the fan range includes many lower settings F1 thru F7 cover the same range previously covered by F1 & F2. Use the Info panel to check the actual fan RPM for the F# settings.

Bruce

How do I check fan RPM? I can’t seem to find it on the info screen.

1 Like

Look for Blower RPM.

Bruce

1 Like

I’m doing my seasoning roasts uncalibrated. I saw this mentioned in the user manual and couldn’t figure out how where to find that RPM info still… should I calibrate before doing my real roasts?

The calibration for the exhaust fan is very easy to do but it takes on the order of 20 minutes. The steps are in the on-line manual starting at the bottom of p.15. It would have to be really far off calibration for it to be a problem, but of course that’s the reason you can run the calibration. It’s your call. When you’re all done there’s no summary so you won’t know how significant the calibration was.

During a roast you see the operating levels of several items (including the exhaust fan) by clicking the circled “i” button at the top right of the Roast page. But that’s a single point of information and doesn’t mean much by itself.

FWIW, before calibration my fan would occasionally stop using the F1 setting. Calibration fixed that problem, and changed the other fan speeds a lot. For example, uncalibrated F6 equals calibrated F3. This difference is important if you want to compare with or run others profiles. Obviously BOTH machines need to be running in calibrated mode.

1 Like