Cleaning the drum of your bullet

Hey team,

I have seen a lot of videos and read a lot of posts about cleaning your bullet and making sure it’s in tip top condition which is great, but none of them ever talk about cleaning the actual drum itself.
This may be a silly question, but is cleaning the drum something that any of you would ever do? Or is this a no go?

Once the drum has been seasoned, then that’s it? Would any of you ever clean the drum and then re-season? Or do you just leave it to it’s own will and give it a quick vacuum from time to time and just clean all the other parts of the bullet that are all talked about within all other cleaning posts/videos?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Cheers,

Yes that’s it

No.

Pretty much…

The drum is a no go…it’s why you season it with 3 to 5 dark roasts in the beginning. Don’t wipe it down or anything. What I do is when it is cool after every time I am completely done with roasting for the day, I stick the crevice tool for my vacuum cleaner in there to vac up any stray chaff. Essentiallythink of the drum like a cast iron pan, once you season it you leave it alone.

Be careful when you clean the bean chute, you don’t want any of your cleaning fluid to drip into the drum. What I do is spray the cleaning fluid onto a thick wad of paper towel or rag and wipe it…depending how much residue there is it may need a couple of passes.

Happy roasting.

4 Likes

I thought that would be the case!
Thanks for clarifying. Very helpful :+1: