ErC 6864

Sorry… haven’t been able to keep track of f/w releases. I scanned back thru roasts where I (inconsistently) keep note which s/w & f/w I used for the roast. I’m sure the error detection preceded 540 and I think it preceded 538 (11/2019?), but the delay was part of f/w 538. It’s been awhile. The post from @jacob related to ErC 6864 (Message #2 above) says…

If you’ve gotten this error, you probably need to start the dialog to get a replacement fan on its way. Takes time to get it and to get yourself informed enough to tackle the installation.

Bruce

1 Like

I got the fan within a week of letting Sweet Maria’s know I had a problem.

Replaced it easily, got it up and running, and no more 6864!

Great support from those guys.

Thanks for the tip, Bruce!

d

Good news Dan!

Just wanted to chime in, I haven’t seen this error since I first posted this. Newer FW seems to be helping.

1 Like

I think I jinxed myself. It’s back!

What’s the IR fan speed doing?

Bruce

I should’ve checked by force of habit I just pulled the plug and started it again. Wish there was a way to mute that annoying beep! :joy:

You’re possibly a candidate for a new fan but support will want you to do some checking first. Life can be good with a new IR fan! :slight_smile:

I’ll check more next time it occurs. I have previously cleaned the fan off but there was barely anything on it.

Some folks have fan blades barely visible under the coffee crud. Mine was clean as you describe yours. The f/w monitors rpm and (I think!) temp. Those 2 items generate the error code when they fall out of range. The ambiguity in any built-in-test is that the error can be either the device being measured or in the measuring device. You need support to help figure that out.

Bruce

Bruce is right, life with a new IR fan is good! I have had NO error messages (other than the dead man’s switch) since I replaced mine.

Sent a message to Aillio and I’ve got a new fan coming directly from Taiwan! Should be here in just a few days :smiley:

Excellent!

Replaced and working great :+1:

Good job. Now it’s time to get caught up with roasting! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

I also received this error code on my third seasoning roast yesterday. I was told to look at the connections to the IBTS fan. I looked at the fan and saw that it wasn’t spinning when it was screwed on when I blew on it, but when I took the fan off, it spins when I blew on it. So I decided to untighten the screw slightly and it spins when I blew on it! Error code gone.

Just wanted to let someone know just incase they ran into this issue even with a new fan.

Patrick

2 Likes

I also got the 6864 error a week ago on roast #169…V1.5 running f/w 558.

Due to you guys, especially Bruce with the well photographed step by step above, I replaced the fan today, and did 2 roasts just perfectly. Thank you.

I contacted Sweet Maria’s and they are a joy to work with…asked me to clean the IBTS, which I did but no improvement, so they mailed out a replacement fan same day.

I used dpiette’s procedure above to get 4 more roasts done before the new fan arrived, but got/had to clear errors each time.

Kudo’s to all of you that contributed, and to Julio and Ryan at Sweet Marias’ for excellent service, and to Aillio, which made a roaster I could repair and who had included the tools I needed in the kit that came with the roaster.

BTW, my old fan was spotless, too. I noticed a rubber gasket around the fan housing…I wonder if those with dirty fans have a gasket that’s not correctly seated. Or maybe they roast a lot more and darker then I do.

1 Like

Guess I need to dig into the pedestal again to be sure. I think the gasket is ok, but I’d better be sure. Thanks for this…

Bruce

1 Like

If I get this ErC 6864 and stil can’t solve the problem what should I do… buy a spare parts of the IBTS fan? I’ve sent email to tech support and hope will get solution asap.

In my case, the failed fan was easy to spot with the Info data. IBTS fan speed is displayed there, so you can see if it’s low (< 5,000 RPM is low). I don’t know how old your roaster is, but my replacement was considered a warranty repair. Aillio told Sweet Maria’s (my roaster supplier) to send me a replacement for $0.

Bottom line is to start a trouble ticket with Aillio (which you’ve already done) and get some guidance with troubleshooting. Unfortunately we’re into the weekend plus time zones get in the way. My experience with Aillio tech support has been very positive. And they have access to all the codes thrown by the roaster saved on their server.

Bruce

2 Likes