Firmware failed and manual boot failed

:+1:

Thanks @peter425p - 3.1.7 and 2.5.5 have the same functionality firmware-wise, so not sure what would be different there that makes it work for you, but glad it does.

1 Like

in bootloader mode, RT3 would not see the bullet when plugged in. it would still say disconnected (symbol was red in the bottom left corner). when i uninstalled RT3 and installed RT2.55 and then plugged the bullet in it said that the roaster was connected (symbol was green in the bottom left corner).

to update the firmware correctly in bootloader mode it needed to be in green mode (RT2.55).

1 Like

I believe 3.x should be able to update the firmware even if the “connected” is RED. That happened to me and I thought the same but was able to restore the firmware in bootloader mode. I think Matthew was going to try and make that a little clearer…

yes i totally understand your comment and i did try that (maybe 7-8 times) but only downgrading to RT2.55 solved my issue. so i would suggest to anyone that is having an issue to try with RT3 1st and if they cant solve it then the alternative method is to install RT2.55 and try it from there.

3 Likes

It was actually Matthew who told me to ignore the not connected light. No harm no foul as long as you got it working :+1:

Had the same issue while updating the firmware. RT 3.17 would not recognize the roaster. In fact the entire left panel went missing. Anyway, uninstalled, installed RT 2.55 and updated the firmware. Now back on track.

Thank you!!! This community really rocks. Yes, there are issues that I face from time to time but the community makes me confident that there is a solution somewhere.

BTW, @jacob, it would be great if a repository of a few older stable RT installers were kept somewhere. I went to the Aillio website to download RT 2.55 but found the option to download only the latest one. Luckily found 2.55 in my Download folder.

Thank you again!

3 Likes

Thank you!
Same issues here.
Bullet crash after 3.17 download
Your post/suggestions fixed it!!

Do you have any idea what Aillio’s longterm fix is?

Cheers

Wolfgang

1 Like

I 100% Agree.
Most days I do not want to be a beta tester. I just want everything to work same as it did yesterday. I prefer to upgrade a few times a year.

(edit) SILLY ME! that’s what v2.5.5 stable is for. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Same experience here - tried to update FW to latest beta 579 using RT3.17, update hung at 1% and apparently corrupted FW. Bullet would not boot after that - 6 beeps and blank screens (are the beep codes documented anywhere?). Tried a few times, finally moved on to manual boot loader where FW update also hung at 1% (RT 3 reported roaster was not connected, as noted earlier) Tried a few times, moved on and reverted to RT 2.5.5, which reports roaster connected, FW update worked, so all working again.

So I’d agree that at least 1 older rev should be available for cases like this, and it is, on downloads.aillio.com - a bit confusing since that page says nothing about RT3 which is the current release?? But really more ideal to fix RT3 so the manual boot loader procedure works! Even more ideal if the manual procedure could be activated without taking apart the control panel and shorting pads with a paper clip. :slight_smile:

1 Like

First time starting the machine and this is my problem as well. I will try to download the older version for my brand new machine???

1 Like

Yes , there should be no difference in using the old software (2.55) with a newer machine as all you are doing is using this older software to pushing the latest firmware to the roasters.

One your roaster is working correctly with the latest firmware you can them switch to the RT3 software

Sam

We haven’t been able to replicate this yet, but we are working to get it fixed. If anyone with troubles updating firmware wants to help out, I can send a version with some logs that will help us debug your this issue.

Thanks!

1 Like

Glad this thread is here… ok so basically I’ve done everything in this thread and still nothing… I’ve contacted aillio and they said to do everything I’ve already done… using a MacBook Pro, latest ox and more than enough room. Any suggestions?

I am on windows so I can’t say if the method is the same on Apple.

Has anyone had this problem where the reinstall and boot loader didn’t work? And if so what was the recourse ?

Can you try 3.1.9? I believe firmware updating should be fixed in this version.

What about if this happens on a mac computer? How do you install drivers while bullet is still in bootloader mode?

NEVER MIND found the latest FOR MAC here, of course…

https://roastime.aillio.com/

dead link :frowning: