Forced RoasTime update, migration to new Bean Inventory system today (3/7)

Restart everything. Do you hear the beeping of the bullet when you start up? Then try to do the update firmware again - ignore if it tells you that you are not connected.

1 Like

when I unplugged the power and connected again I can hear the beep.

I tried running the update again. It shows the following once completed.

I tried everything this as you said. After running the firmware update again. The message on the roast time says I have to unplug power & usb from roaster and reconnect. Which I did, but when I switched on the power I hear 6 beeps and the display is still off. And the fan is internal fan is on at full.
Roaster is connected to the roast time but itā€™s not working !

Hello, in general I quite like the new interface, I only find a small problem with the search bar, at least in my case it does not find anything when I search for the name of the bean, before I could use it to find profiles.

Also the batch number function isnā€™t working properly, you can see that doesnā€™t increase properly

Capture

Also looks like the batch number function (maybe the function that Iā€™m more happy) is just local and doesnā€™t sync, I use 2 diferent laptops and I use roast.world a lot, could be better if they are sync

Thanks Jacob.

The first time I quit after starting up the program the display interface disappears, however, the program is still running. If I change from the minimized display to show the screen again it fails to go away at all on subsequent attempts to quit. The program just sits there open and fails to quit.Thanks.

Iā€™m afraid to try to roast seeing some of the above problems. I also agree about the 50* intervals on the graphics being too much.

That was it. I hit the sync button and all is well. Thanks.

No worries, happy to hear that this is working as normal. :slight_smile:

Love the calendar feature. Will try a roast tomorrow and see how things work. Meanwhile, is the firmware update sorted out with this RT release. Have held back on the last update to avoid having to go back to version RT version 2.xx in case it failed.

I believe Matthew is aware of the batch counter issue and is working on it. It was my feature request so Iā€™m happy to see it on the wayā€¦

No problems quitting here (M1 MacBook Pro). On the previous version I would get 2 quit confirmations, now I just get 1 and it quits instantly.

Thanks for the help!

RoasTime does not quit if I let it sit there. I need to force quit to shut the program. Good news is that it does recognize my roaster.

Sorry, I posted this message in another thread.

Hi @derrxb
I did the system update today and initially RT had no beans loaded at all. Did the synch with RW after update and most came back but some missing. Also missing was some prev roasts finish weight in RT and balance of bean weight available in RW. And some beans (despite being visible in inventory) are not showing in search filter. After I finished roasting, I shutdown Bullet, disconnected power and USB cables and on RT it was still showing ā€œBullet in Startupā€ as status message?

1 Like

Hey @Snidely_Whiplash,

The resync should fix the beans issue. This is a one-time thing.

In regards to the bean weight (and in stock value), we have decided to migrate the old inventory data to the new inventory system. This will happen asap and so your old values should show the same as before (NOTE: The migration will only happen to beans that you have not changed their green weight for. We will not override your recent changes.)

Sorry, Iā€™m not sure about the USB stuff. @mcaillio can help with this.

Best regards,
Derrick

Hi, @everyone

Iā€™d like to re-iterate a recent notification posted on Roast World/RoasTime over here.

Firstly, I wanted to write to let you all know that after getting some feedback from you all, we decided to migrate your beanā€™s green weights from the old inventory over to the new inventory system. Note: If you had gone ahead and updated your inventory for specific beans after the new inventory was released + you upgraded to RT v3.4.0, the old weights were not migrated for these beans. Your update-to-date data is still present and was not overwritten.

The data that was migrated over from the old inventory is visible in your beanā€™s history as shown in this screenshot:

Secondly, you may need to force a re-sync of your beans after you upgrade to RoasTime v3.0.0. This can be accomplished by either (1) clicking the ā€œRe-syncā€ button from the All The Beans screen in RT or (2) re-logging into RoasTime.

You can see an image of the re-sync inventory screen here:

Best regards,
Derrick

3 Likes

Thanks Derrick
Sync Beans done and weight balances largely migrated. A few discrepancies but I think there may have been a bean or 2 as duplicated entries so I am just fixing them manually.
I still have the issue in RT with search filter not picking up beans and all relevant roasts. eg if I type ā€œHONā€ in the filter search box my Honduras roasts are not showing. When I type ā€œMonā€ some Monsoon Malabar roasts show but not all roasts that have used that bean.

@derrxb did a sync on my roast laptop and it shows only about 250+ roasts of the 571 being shown on my backup laptop. Did a logout and login as well, but did not work.

I remember a post about copying json files from the local disk. Couldnā€™t find it. Would be great if the same could be posted again.

Hey @cash0612,

Hereā€™s a link to that comment: IBTS Sensor (Taking off mid roast) - #9 by derrxb

1 Like

@derrxb - Thank You!!! Found the folder and the filesā€¦