After finishing a couple roasts I finally thought to check for f/w updates and was surprised to see one was available. Since the Bullet was in OFF mode I started the update and got the “… must be in OFF mode…” message which then cleared itself.
The update went fine. In fact it was noticeably faster than the last couple updates. Then the fun began-
- I cycled power 2x and disconnected/reconnected the USB port. But no number of cycles could bring life back to the Bullet.
- Jumpered SDA to Gnd and powered up, then cycled power & USB a couple times. No joy… the control panel was dead (should have anticipated this since the jumper forces the boot loader on… oops!)
- Jumpered SDA to Gnd again and powered up, then d/l’ed f/w again. This time things went as expected and the Control Panel lit up after I cycled power a couple times.
- The Info panel took another power cycle to get it to update the number of roasts properly… that’s 3 power cycles in all to get data sorted.
- When starting to d/l f/w, there were a number of error messages including the one about being in OFF mode. This time the messages didn’t go away. Neither did they interfere with d/l’ing f/w… just kept on like I knew what I was doing.
- After all the floundering things seem to have initialized properly (but no roasting yet to confirm it).
I posted this only because I understand there has been some work in this area. Nothing catastrophic happened, but neither did it go as smoothly as I recall when I first got the Bullet 10 months ago.