IBTS movement after deep clean - is this movement "normal"?

Hello! After a recent deep clean including of the IBTS sensor with alcohol some of my temp readings have shifted a fair bit and I’m not sure whether it’s in the normal direction…

Pre deep clean FC was registered on one of my beans at around 206C IBTS / 201 BT and post deep clean it’s now around 199C IBTS / 203 BT. What I’m confused about is that previously when I’ve cleaned the IBTS I’ve noticed an upward movement rather than a downward one i.e. IBTS has lagged BT and then caught back up after the clean.

I roast 1kg batches, typically Brazil and Uganda naturals at the moment. Just looking for guidance really on whether movement in this direction after a clean would be expected with the IBTS or whether I may have done something wrong.

Thanks!

Next time take beer less alcohol it won’t be off :rofl:

FW updated? .

If again open it and check it might be that you pushed it a little back. Fast maintenance on R2.

Hi Adam,
I have a simmulair problem at the moment.
after cleaning my FC on a older profile is about 10C earlier than before.
On bean probe its same like before.

do you find a solution?

Usually, the IBTS gives higher readings when dirty. It is normal that it would go a certain number of degrees down after cleaning, depending on how often you clean it. If you clean it often enough, you won’t have these swings. Also, depending on batch size, the IBTS readings are more or less reliable. On smaller batches, look at the IBTS, on larger ones BT. It looks like both of you are doing large batches, so everything seems to be normal.

Edit: