IBTS sensor reading too low after cleaning

Good afternoon,

After cleaning my Bullet R2 Pro, I have a problem with the IBTS sensor. It is now reading a lower temperature than usual.

when cleaning i did not remove the IBTS only use some alcohol to clean the lens with a cotton tip.

If I use an existing roast profile in overlay mode and repeat it exactly, the IBTS sensor reads the correct temperature at the beginning of the roast. Around the yellowing phase, it reads approximately 5°C lower, and around first crack it reads about 10°C lower.

Previously, first crack starts at around 198°C, whereas it now starts at around 188°C.

I removed the front panel again and checked everything. The IBTS sensor is seated correctly, and the rubber seal also appears to be fitted properly. The IBTS fan is running steadily at around 15,000 RPM.

At the moment, I feel a bit lost because the Bullet also uses the IBTS temperature during preheating. It feels like I have to learn how to use the Bullet all over again.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Additional information:
Firmware version: 159


Kind regards!

1 Like

I have exactly same issue! even after replace a new IBTS sensor.
@jedsadazisz

Hi,

just received an answer from Aillio support:

Adjust IBTS Calibration (If readings remain low after cleaning) If the lens is completely clean but First Crack still lands low (around 188°C instead of ~200°C), you can easily bring the readings back in line using the machine’s menu:

  1. On the Bullet, open the menu and scroll down to IBTS Calibration (Calibrate Val).
  2. This setting lets you adjust the reading up or down by up to 2.5% (a value of 25 is maximum).
  3. Since your reading is low, increase the value — a good starting point is +16.
  4. Run a test roast (a 300g batch works great to save coffee) and adjust the calibration value until First Crack lands close to 200°C.

Note: After any maintenance or menu changes, remember to do a full power cycle (unplug power and USB cables for a few seconds, reconnect, and restart RoasTime).
Please let me know how the next test roast looks!
Best regards,

Kind regards
Aillio Europe

2 Likes

See, I didn’t know there was IBTS calibration on R2, since there’s none on R1. Thanks for posting the reply. I’ve linked it to the other thread.

I have done this and they sent me a new software version update and still same issue. Anyone has solved this issue already?

Hi everboom

Sorry to butt in, but the “calibration” procedure suggested by Aillio support seems to be calibrating against a variable/unknown parameter (i.e. FC) rather than a fixed/known temperature value.

Would it be possible to run the IBTS calibration against room temperature on a “cold” bullet - first thing in the morning when the bullet would be at room temperature, i.e. before turning on any heating, calibrate against an external - hopefully accurate - room temperature thermometer reading

Even if following the calibration procedure suggested by Aillio support, in your case would you not want to calibrate FC to 198 rather than 200 degrees, given you wrote that you consistently measured FC at that temperature before, or am I only kidding myself, if I think that IBTS is accurate to within 2 degree Celsius?