Impossible to login in RoasTime 4.3.2

Hi everyone, I can’t login in RoasTime 4.3.2.

2 Likes

Hey @ssaelices,

Are you able to log into Roast.World?. They use the same login credentials so I’d recommend double-checking that you’re entering the right password. If that doesn’t work, you can try resetting your password.

Derrick

hi @derrxb ,

I can’t log in RoasTime 4.3.2 also, I moved from RoasTime 3.4.1 (every thing works fine on v.3.4.1)

Thank you,
Chatty

Aillio bullet R1v2
software v.3.4.1
Firmware v.605
msc os 10.12.6

same issue here

Hi @derrxb ,
i am facing the same issue with same error, tried multiple time with reseting passwords and logging in, but failed. i can log in into roast world user portal using the same.
i am using Mac OS version: 10.11.6
any lead on this will be much appreciated!

thanks

1 Like

@midsummercafebk ,
did you figure out?

1 Like

I did a force quit of the application and launched it again. Afterwards I was able to log into RoasTime. If you haven’t tried that or rebooting your computer, give it a shot and try again.

As a side note, copy and pasting your password into the text box does not work, which is frustrating.

2 Likes

@craftyroaster @midsummercafebk

That error is not related to invalid credentials, so I think you are entering them correctly. The error comes from our auth provider itself, so it is definitely odd that you are able to login to RW and not RT since they share the same auth provider. I can reset your password and attempt a login here to try and see what happens if you like? Let me know.

Thanks!

PS @pshankstar we have a ticket to allow copy/pasting that will make it in soon.

3 Likes

Hey @craftyroaster,

I flagged your post and removed it. Please don’t post your credentials.

Derrick

1 Like

@derrxb @mcarnold83.HwFT , thanks.
how do i send personal email to developers from here???

You can DM them through this platform. Select their name and then the “message” option or from your avatar at top right select the envelope icon, then “new message “

@craftyroaster I was able to login to your account without issue, so definitely something local there. Can you zip up and DM me the contents of this directory: ~/Library/Application Support/RoastTime/logs?

2 Likes

Hi @mcaillio,

i am not able to locate this path on my mac, tried with spotlight search too.
could you please advice!

thanks

Hey @craftyroaster,

Try this path: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/RoastTime/logs
You might also need to show hidden folders with Command + Shift + .

Same problem could not log in RoastTime 4.3.2
So back to 3.4.1
MacBook os 10.11
Now using safari browse roast.world got blank page.
Using another Mac Pro Os 10.14.6 can view community forum but could not reply.
Now using iPhone to write message.
T_T

Hey @kitti

Do you have logs at that location? Interesting that you all seem to be on MacOS.

Thanks!

Had the same issue on Mac, forced me to downgrade to an older version of the software.

We are working on a fix for this now. Apologies to you all that had to downgrade!

Same problem ,

@fazelnaseri.XMXD Are you able to login as a guest? Can you wait for the update, restart, and try logging in again? This should give us better logs.