Light (nordic style) roasts , how to ? 😢

Why is it that you need to cool the electronics ?
You’re not getting very high temperatures here.

Is your machine 220 or 110?

220v but from testing… You will have a full minute delay. Get them fans lads!

1 Like

I get warnings at one setting lower PH than @otaibimn that was used in that roast posted (for my 1kg batches), so I am in the camp to cool the electronics (I made this a habit now regardless of PH and batch size) and I’m roasting on a v110.

Where are you positioning the fan. Based on other posts I put mine in the center and to the right of the roaster (if viewed from the front) angled up at the PCB. I’m not sure it is helping given the errors I’ve gotten.

Try using the “Info” window while roasting so that you can watch IGBT temp. You should see a change in IGBT while roasting at substantial power settings as you move the air stream away or toward the greatest heat source. That will help you figure out the best target area. Response isn’t instantaneous nor necessarily huge- at P9 perhaps no more than a change in the rate of increase.

I also read here that one user saw an improvement when they vacuumed the power board cover (and the PCB surface?) since directing air flow at the board area is likely going to carry some dust. Ought to be in this thread.

Bruce

1 Like

That’s the way to do it.

I think you might like this, Kenyan AA Washed with a moisture level of %11.6.

Roast Level:

Link in Roast World:

Thanks for sharing this! I’m going to attempt an overlay roast in a couple weeks with an Ethiopian since I don’t have Kenyan. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know the answer to your question but I typically roast with the fan on 2 so it doesn’t blow all the heat out and fan on 2 is high enough to blow the chaff into the chaff collector. Michael