Not synching with Roast.World?

In other words, something here doesn’t work sensibly. Many if not most Mac users use Keychain, rather than using easily cracked passwords or keeping a written record of the passwords lying around… A release which doesn’t accommodate routine apps or OS functions, like Keychain, was not tested enough to be released, even as a beta.

Later:

Okay, I’m up and running (finally) having lost roast data for my most recent roasts. The new software looks very nice and I was able to update my firmware. Lack of support for Keychain is still the pits.

I was able to update to 2.0. My previous roasts are showing in the new software except the roasts do not indicate the bean roasted. When I try to update the roast to specify the bean roasted, the data is not saved.

V.2.0.1 addressed the bean selection issue. As an FYI, the auto update didn’t work, so I simply did a manual update to get v.2.0.1 running.

Hi every one,
Where can I find the new 2.0 mac version? I only find the 1.12 version on Aillio website.
Regards

Since this a completely new app you have to copy the password from Keychain into RoasTime. RoasTime remembers the password after that, so you only need to do this once.

Thanks for the kind words.
Since this is a new app you will have to copy the password from Keychain manually the first time.
We are working on fixing the bean selection issue.

1 Like

Hi,
The New UI is very beautiful~
But… when I key in the account and password and put enter (or Login), It does not work~
I can only use as guest~Thanks you

So I updated to V.2.0.1 of the software, but I did a roasts on the old roasttime before the 2.0.0 release.
The data is accessible on the 1.1.3 software, but not the 2.0.1.
How do I add the roasts into the new software? I haven’t deleted anything.

I wanted to keep track of all my roasts.

Thanks

If I understand this post, the 2.0.0 will automatically update to 2.0.1 “after some time in the application.” I have had the application open for several hours and no update. I turned on the Bullet Roaster thinking that perhaps the unit must be on. It has been another couple of hours, and still no update. Can you please provide some additional detail as to how to get this update?

Hey Jeff,

Did you reset your password that migrated to the new “Aillio ID” system? Are you getting an error about the account not existing or is nothing happening?

I am working on a tool to migrate those roasts over. Not finished yet though. Sorry for the delay!

Hey,

Have you closed the application at all? Right now its set on a 1 minute delay to check for updates upon opening the application. Is it common for you to keep the application open for long periods of time? I will update it to check on an interval in the next version!

Hi Matthew,
I have reset the password. Now I can enter the Roast World by web site but can’t enter by V2.0.1 version software.
when I put the [Login] button, just nothing happened.
Thanks you ~

Sorry you are having an issue. Just to make sure, you are connected to the internet on the machine you are running v2.0.1 on, right? This seems to be the only way I am able to get the login to return nothing (otherwise it returns errors or logs in). If you can make a video for me, I would be happy to try and help you debug your issue.

1 Like

Thanks you~ I will try and make a video tonight~

2 Likes

Matthew,
Thanks. I did “quit” the application and restart it, and it did update. Thanks. I will try to provide feedback after my next roast. My bean inventory and past roasts are showing, so this looks good!

2 Likes

My Roast Time updated to 2.0.2, and I excitedly dropped about 200 .json files into the box. About a dozen of them showed up on the list, so I tried dragging in some of the missing ones, and produced a pile of duplicates. Hmmm. Very cool already, and promising!

Just finished another roast, this time using V2.0.2, and I love it. The software is very intuitive, the controls over the roaster are excellent, and the information flows back and forth between Roast.Time and Roast.World seamlessly. Excellent!

I spent a little time fine-tuning my bean inventory (which, by the way, is getting dangerously low) and this part of the “eco-system” is also very nice.

All in all, I think we Mac users are now on the road to Nirvana… wherever the heck that is. One smallish request, though… call me Luddite, call me old fashioned, but I really like printing out the roast graph and other roast information. Is there any way to add a “print” command to the Roast.Time software? Ideally, if it could print the graph and the roast name and pertinent information highlights (first crack time, temp, total time, etc.), that would be great. I can, of course, take a screen shot and print that, but the quality would be better if we could simply print the graph.

An even smaller request, but something that would be nice, would be that in “preferences” when we select “Fahrenheit” as our temperature of choice, that it would “stay” on Fahrenheit until we change it. I have to select Fahrenheit with each new roast.

Last, an even smaller request, but something that would likely help newbies to the software (like me) is the “hover” labels… when you hover your cursor over the log-in/log/out button at the bottom left of the screen, that seems to work fine, but when you hover over the other icons, nothing… Of course you get used to, and remember, what those icons mean after a couple of roasts, but just in case, the hover labels are nice to have.

One thing I did notice on this roast, worth noting, is that during the roast the temperatures were showing pretty much what I expected throughout the roast, however after the roast, as I look at the graph, the temperatures are way off. On the completed roast the “Bean Temp” in the top left panel, next to the total time, is reading 710.38 degrees Fahrenheit. That, of course, is hugely wrong (ha ha). As I trace the graph with the cursor, I see my “drop temperature” now as 493 beans and 601 drum, making the turn at about 370 bean and 586 drum. Perhaps I am misinterpreting what I am seeing, but I sure wouldn’t want to “play” this roast to control my roaster!

All in all, a giant leap forward. Look forward to even more updates, and thanks for the responsiveness.

1 Like