Preheat errors

Hello so i recently received a 256 error on my roaster which had me end a session mid roast.

since then my roaster has had trouble off and on retaining heat. also during pre heat the bullet seems to lose power off and on.

my logs show
Board V2.0 / Serial 3869 / Firmware 605
Error 32769: 14965
Info 29696: 186
Error 32785: 92 (92V) - Induction voltage too low
Error 131: 256
Error 32785: 92 (92V) - Induction voltage too low
Error 32785: 91 (91V) - Induction voltage too low
Error 131: 256
Error 32785: 91 (91V) - Induction voltage too low

the logs says my voltage is too low. during pre heat my net voltage fluctuates from 109-120. also during pre heat my RoR will fluctuate dramatically and the bean temp will have peaks and plateaus even though the power stays constant at P7.

in the past RoR would stay consistent the power being used and the bean probe temp would increase steadily in a straight line.

I haven’t had trouble with this outlet before but even after trying a couple other outlets I have the same issue. Ive updated the firmware to 605 and downloaded the newest version of roasttime.

any ideas? would i need to receive a new induction board?

You probably need to talk to your dealer or Allio support especially since this is not normal for your roaster and for the household circuit. There is always the possibility that the variation is on the power supplied to your home but I would think you’d see some effect on other devices in the house. The error codes seem to point at the Bullet power board.

The problem is knowing if the voltage variation is on the household circuit (maybe a flakey circuit breaker) or within the Bullet. I bought a Kill-A-Watt power line monitor (there are several similar devices- nothing special about the one I bought) which lives between the shop outlet and the Bullet power cord. It provides a number of measurements (voltage, current, power, etc.) related to power supplied to the Bullet power plug. Helpful when I get an error like this to know which direction to point as the source of the problem.

Bruce

1 Like

Here in the NY suburbs it is fairly common for line voltages into our homes to drop in summer heat during peak demand for electricity. Everyone needs their air-condition units running :-). It was a major problem when I owned a HotTop roaster so I purchased a Variac to increase voltage at the roaster. That has been unnecessary for the 2 years I’ve owned my Bullet. 92 volts is quite low and lower than I ever measured during our “brown-outs”. I’d suggest that you purchase a Kill-A-Watt unit to measure the voltage coming from your wall socket. Good luck.

1 Like

it looks you both may be right! I realized the room i was roasting in had flaky electrical circuits. i tried a roast in a different room and noticed everything worked as usual! thanks for your responses!