Uninterruptable power supply?

Another update: With my Artisan 3e fluid bed roaster (240v 5500 watts)I never roast during the day when its hot in the Houston area, because I cannot risk power fluctuations or outages. One of the reasons I got the Bullet was that it would be easier to run it through a high end UPS/solar generator, allowing me to roast at any time and to also label bags as Roasted with Solar Energy. Today I did a 20 minute preheat to 220c and another test run of a 500 g batch all through the solar generator. I started at 100% charge on the generator with full midday sun. I think it went down to around 78% by cooldownā€“that was with the generator powering my laptop, the Bullet and the S4 exhaust fan. By the end of the day I was back up to 100% chargeā€“all using just three 200 watt panels that are not ideally situated. The most solar input I saw was 420 watts.

1 Like

Looks very promising! In this scenario the preheating is of course taking a big chunk out of the energy storage. Running 2 to 3 back to back roasts would be more efficient overall, which I am sure you know.
Keep us updated.

2 Likes

I keep planning on back to back roasts, but so far every roast Iā€™ve attempted, other than the underdeveloped sample roasts I tried, is coming out scorched or faced. Iā€™m at wits end, since Iā€™ve never had this issue with any other roaster.

@toddjohnson time to do an Aillio version of this?

They just had this talk last weekā€¦discussed hydrogen to use in their burnersā€¦

Beautiful video!

Guessing you could run a Bullet for quite a while off that panel+battery unitā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s a great solution to keep your Bullet running during power outages and even roast using solar. While it may be a bit pricey, the investment may be worth it in the long run. Itā€™s always good to be prepared for unexpected situations, and having a reliable UPS can give you peace of mind. Ecoflow is a great power station. I use it too https://www.propaneva.com/best-solar-generators/#product1, only without the Pro add-on. Everything suits me, itā€™s pretty powerful.

1 Like