USB disconnects everytime I press PRS in Roastime 4.3.2

Hey @pranskunas.luke0b94,

Thanks for being willing to help test this. I added you to our beta testers list and so you should be able to start RT and get the latest comms. You should get an update for the Communication Service v1.10.9.

Derrick

Moving my previous thread here since it seems to be the same issue:

I'm in a doom loop. Running on Windows. Reinstalled latest software. Updated driver to latest. Hard restart of roaster and PC. Every time I get started it disconnects as soon as I click preheat in Roastime. Then it immediately "reconnects" and brings me back to the temp select for preheating. Often, my roaster will begin the preheating process but the software won't recognize it. I've tried everything multiple times and would love some help. Super bummed to be spending time with software issues instead of roasting coffee.

I’ve since uninstalled 4.3.2 and installed 2.5.5. That version recognized my roaster and seemed to work. I went back to 4.3.2 but it still doesn’t work so the fix from @shane1 didn’t work for me.

Any help at all would be very welcome. I had assumed that a product on the market for 5 years wouldn’t have these sorts of issues.

1 Like

Hey @talentpharm.IIsj , also added you to the testing group. Let me know if this fixes your issue.

@mcaillio I just completed 2 successful roasts after downloading your test updates and restarting roaster and PC. Thank you!

Seems to work great on Mac OS, connects and cycles correctly through roast phases using both the controls on the roaster and the controls within RT. Thanks!

Thanks @here for the feedback. We will be releasing this in a new main version today. See RoasTime v4.6.6

1 Like

The same thing happens to me, the bullet has only been used for a month, it disconnects when starting ph and shows No connection.
Please make sure your roaster is powered on and connected via USB. It has a delay when giving the order with prs. and disconnects. I have sent an email to [email protected] on May 23 that the same thing happened to me, but no one responded. Please I need help.

Have you upgraded to the latest 4.6.8 and restarted the bullet?

Hey, I don’t seem to see your email. Maybe it went to my spam folder? Sorry about that! Can you verify what version you are on and if you have restarted your Bullet after upgrading?

Thanks!

This problem is back. I roasted 4 batches last night. Started preheat fine tonight, but then got Error code 0004. Shut it down and when it came back up, the issue is back.

Roastime v4.6.15
Firmware 605
Client v1.76.0
Proxy v1.30.0
Comm service v1.10.17

Going to strt with trying to reinstall dependencies. :frowning:

Update:
Try to update dependencies locked up computer.
Installed roastime 3.4 and connection was ok. Now upgrade to 4.3.2 = error occurs

Update #2:
Back to v3.4.1 and working. I am going to stop here and roast because i have to get 9 batches done in the next 2 hours. Spent the last hour messing with the software issue.

Having the same issue. Can’t seem to find the solution. Frustrating

I am still running under the old version.

@shane1 @spiderslide.dAlz What version of comms are you on? I believe this was fixed in 1.10.31

I am not sure what is currently installed, and am not where I have access to check it right now. When the error last occurred, before switching back to older version, this is what was running. So maybe I need to update back to current Roastime and make sure to get v1.10.31 for the comms. I need to get my roasting done for this week before I try to experiment. I will likely be Saturday before I have free time available on my Bullet.

1 Like

I had another beep and immediate lockup of Roastime and the Bullet front panel today. This was on my fourth roast. I have to drop the beans and unplug the roaster to recover. I first thought it might have to do with the notificaiton step in the old recipe, because that came up and the Bullet beeped and locked up, but after restarting the Bullet and RoasTime 4 I was getting all kinds of connected/disconnected strangeness.

Now it looks like whatever has happened is going to prevent me from roasting until it is fixed. Despite rebooting and restarting everything, I keep getting disconnections and sometimes it seems like the PRS button is hit even when it is not, so the roaster moves on to the next stage of roasting. I may try a front panel only roast to see if the issue is in the hardware (USB cable or computer) and/or RoastTime 4.

And more: I just confirmed that if RoasTime 4 is connected to the Bullet, pressing PRS in RoasTime immediately disconnects it.

@toddjohnson I believe the beep from the roaster is a known overheating issue and not a software issue. The trouble is it causes the roaster/software to get into a weird state that you are in now.

I just added you to the testers cohort, can you restart the application to get the latest comms and confirm if this is still an issue?

I have 1.10.33 now. I will have to try roasting tomorrow to see if this happens again. Not sure why the machine would overheat today. It was cool in the room and I have fan pointing up at the PCB. I have not had overheating issues for months since using the fan, but for the last two months I get the beep and lockup with no warning of overheating beforehand.

Hi, the “disconnected” bug is back on my new PC. I have tried to download latest version but all the links lead to the same page that is V4.6.15

Help! I can’t connect to my bullet