3D printed bean deflector

I didn’t have much issues and liked that I can put the screws into the deflector first. Doing my 5.5kg back to back and will report back of there are any issues with heat.

1 Like

It is really cool seeing it mounted on someones elses machine.

@shane1 it worked wonderfully well. Back-to-back 5 kg at 572F PH and 1lb at 410F PH later all dropping around 430F bean temp for the 1kg batches, I didn’t see any warping at all. It really looked like OEM part! :+1:t4: :pray:t4: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does using the tryer not work for you?

Sounds good! I might make my own anyway.

You haven’t seen @billc 's hack then for the door handle :slight_smile: It’s a thing of beauty (I still haven’t gotten around to making one yet) - link here

Saw it. Just haven’t personally found a need for it.

I just hold it open. I don’t really see it as inconvenience to hold the door open for 10 seconds, but it might be a fun project to try and make something.

1 Like

I did see that, but thought about doing something a little different… mainly just because I thought it would be fun to design and make on my 3D printer.

How is this working for everyone when FULLY opening the door? I have the printed one here…

BUT I still get beans flying out sometimes. Curious if this would contain them.

1 Like

@carsononline if you’re asking about the one @shane1 designed which I test ran this weekend with 5kg roasts. When I drop the bean I open the door fully and prop it up with the tryer. It worked wonderfully well! I didn’t get flying beans all over the place. Hope that helps!

3 Likes

I have a bean deflector listed on Ebay right now. It might be your chance to save a couple of dollars.

2 Likes

Did four 500 g roasts, today, with Shane’s bean deflector in place.

Ending drum speed, D9.

Two errant beans - I call that a success!

-Gray

1 Like

Thanks Bruce for the feedback!

I used to buy spare parts on ebay, but to be honest, they don’t cost as much as they offer me to buy there. I purchased my own printer Creality, and it costs about $500 but I save in the future, sometimes I make spare parts for my friends.

Another good review.

Elegant design and solution. Mine’s on the way.

2 Likes

I have a perfectly good deflector but yours looks so much better and it’s black vs grey. Roasting your own coffee is an extravagance so why not go all the way? Who wants to roast with a dorky-looking deflector when you can have one that is elegant?

1 Like

By the way, forget what I said about dorky-looking, if grey is your favorite color and you want a deflector that is tested and works fine, I’ll mail it to you in the U.S. in exchange for an Lb. of your favorite green beans.
Gil

Here is another good review!