Bullet does not connect to Roast time...says disconnected

hello, I did the auto update. here is the version I have:
ClientLatest v1.79.0v1.79.0
Proxy serviceLatest v1.31.0v1.31.0
Communication serviceLatest v1.10.40v1.10.40
Dependencies were re-installed. I have a windows 10. Device manager would not see it though, I am unsure if it is the cable now or my ports. Thank you all.

Hey @john.aWje ,

You mentioned the device manager not seeing the Bullet. Can you try the steps listed out here?

I’m having this same issue. I believe I spoke with you in a discussion I started prior to upgrading my V1 to V2. I’ve now changed it over to V2 but I still can’t connect to Roastime 4 or 3. I’m on Mac and have done all the stuff suggested concerning restarting/unplugging.

I saw that some peoples issue got resolved with an update but I just tried with the latest update and still struggling to connect the roaster.

I’m happy to screenshare.

I have a related issue. I’m connecting to a Mac Book Pro. I need to reboot the computer to get it to pair with the Bullet. I can live with that, but I’d appreciate a fix if anybody knows of one.

Does your computer go to sleep and that is when it is unable to pair again? Or is there some other commonality?

It does not go to sleep. I started with the cord that came with the bullet, but I needed an adapter to connect it to my Mac. The first time I tried to connect it did not. When I rebooted my computer, it worked. I then decided to get a cord that would not require an adapter. The same thing happened. I’m guessing this is more about my computer than the roaster. It’s really something I can live with.

If it ever gets too annoying, I would be happy to jump on a screenshare and see if we can figure out what is going on.Bullet does not connect to Roast time...says disconnected - #47 by dslazar9.bRKp

Hello all.

I am not sure if this will help someone. I just installed Roast Time 4, and I was having the same issue as many of you: my bullet appeared disconnected. I did what @braca19452f9m suggested.

However, the difference is that the button says “USB DRIVERS” and there is a big purple button that says “Re-Install.” Click on that, and after a few minutes, everything will work—it did to me, at least.

Happy roasting.

Cheers,

Roger.

1 Like

Same issues here with my Macbook. The proposed solution to unplug the cable on both sides and restart Roastime has worked. BUT guys: THIS IS BUGGY!
Can´t you FIX this???

Hi, I have the same issue with my MacBook. I tried the proposed solution of unplugging the USB cables on both sides and restarting RoasTime and it was unsuccessful. I have confirmed the USB port and cable are functional by connecting and subsequently ejecting an unrelated device. Any other ideas?

Are you still on RT 3.4? Can you give the new RT4 a try?

Yes, I am running RT4.

Aillio Team,

I just bought my second bullet roaster and, of course, a second PC to connect to it. I struggled BIG TIME trying to get my old or my new bullet connected to my new PC with a fresh install of Roast Time v4.

There are some major bugs (another article to come) with RoastTime v4 and I am just coming back around to the community forums. The big thing is that it seems a fresh install and (at least for me) re-installing the usb driver / dependencies simply did not solve my issues on two different new PCs. I also tried going back to RoastTime 3 with no success.

Whether it is the new Bullet V1R2 now coming with a USB-A to USB-C connector or the new software not having the driver stuff sorted, this NEEDS to be fixed. I think the 5k views of this article of the past year is evidence enough. Something isn’t right.

Your steps to get the Github program Zadig and do the driver install that way was the ONLY way I could get it to finally work. Many hours were drained before this.

For those having similar issues - Install the Zadig 2.7 and install the drivers from there if you simply cannot get your RT4 program to connect to your Bullet.

Kevin James Pain GIF by TV Land

EDIT/P.S. - thanks for adding gis to the forum so I could put this ^^^

I agree, it’s shit.
All I can say is that we are working on it. We have re-written a lot of the code that is responsible for the USB connection, and in the coming weeks we ware going to update these software modules. These will also support the new R2, R2 Pro and AiO roasters.

1 Like

Not able to connect on my side either. I’ve never previously had connection issues. Mac user. Tried everything. Reinstalled software, tried different usb cables, restarted roastime 20 times, restarted laptop to no avail. Please fix this.

I’m having the same problem. Last roast on 28/9 was fine. The most recent October 8? updates for the R2 etc seem to have screwed things up. I’ve tried the zadig 2.7 suggestion; that didn’t work. I’m on R1 V2, Windows 11 24HZ. Latest RoasTime version. Everything has worked smoothly in the 5 months I’ve had the R1. Can I disable those ‘updates’ for the R2? Please fix, ta.

I am using a MAC and same thing, lost USB connection. When can we expect a fix? Also, create the option to bypass auto updates please. If I have a stable version, let me stick with it.

1 Like

Hi, if you’re experiencing recent connection issues you may need to clear your dependencies as per this post Connection and dependency issue

@millewis.aZqX @bullettrain @dhooser.IrbX Let me know if those steps in the thread do not resolve your issue. I am happy to jump on a call with anyone to rectify any issues. Thank you for raising the issue.

Thanks for the fix. Installed the new version on my mac and the connection to Bullet is active according to Roastime. Did not actually perform a roast.