Connection and dependency issue

Hi, we are aware of a build issue causing connection issues for some of you. If you are affected, you need to delete dependencies before restarting the app.

Update:
We have released a new RoasTime version that will fix this issue by installing the new version. Please go to https://roastime.aillio.com and install the latest version (v4.8.1 for Windows and v4.8.0 for MacOS and Linux) to rectify this issue. Alternatively, see the below original post.

Again, apologies. Thank you for your understanding.

Original Post:

Hi, we are aware of a build issue causing connection issues for some of you. If you are affected, you need to delete the dependencies folder before restarting the app.

MacOS terminal command:

rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/RoasTime/deps

Windows terminal command:

rd /s /q C:\Users\"YOUR USER NAME"\AppData\Roaming\RoasTime\deps

As an alternative to the above commands, you can manually remove the “deps” folder at the following location depending on your operating system. Hidden files/folders may need to be enabled first before attempting this.

Windows
Path: C:\Users\"YOUR USER NAME"\AppData\Roaming\RoasTime\deps
How to view hidden files on Windows

Mac
Path: ~/Library/Application\ Support/RoasTime/deps
How to view hidden files on Mac

We apologize for the inconvenience and for not posting sooner but we didn’t realize it was effecting many people. Steps are being taken to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Hey All,

I want to personally apologize for this issue. I did not verify the build before deploying. I was in a hurry to get this out for some deadlines.

We thought it was only affecting users active during the deploy, but it seems it is in fact affecting a greater cohort of users (~30% of users). I have theories on why it affects some vs others, but no hard facts yet.

I have a ticket to re-implement optional updates and we have a new main version going out today for new installs that makes sure this will not happen again.

Thank you for your continued support. If you continue to have issues even after taking these steps, please reach out to me and I will jump on a call with you.

1 Like

Hi, I just tried that command for Windows and received the response: The system cannot find the path specified.
The C:\Users\ “UserName”\ is set by my device, isn’t it? Sorry, I’m clueless on this stuff …

Hey @millewis.aZqX,

Are you replacing “UserName” with your actual username? I am also releasing a new main right now you can download and it will do this for you.

EDIT: https://github.com/roastworld/roastime-release/releases/download/win32-x64-prod-v4.8.1/roastime-main-win-signed.exe

THANK YOU for the update!

Yes, thanks for the updated RoasTime version; it has fixed the connection problem. Cheers.

Hi, I’ve installed the new RoasTime version. Connection problem solved. Thanks for your help!

(post deleted by author)