Does anyone make a cover for the Bullet?

My roasting station lives in my garage. I do get debris blowing in. I cover most things to minimize the dust intrusion. Anyone make a cover for the Bullet? At the moment, I’m covering it with a moving pad but wouldn’t mind having something that fits better.
Cheers, Michael

2 Likes

Potbelly pig clothes. Sorry, I couldn’t help myself

3 Likes

Check this previous thread for two links to products on Amazon that might work for you: Dust Cover?

Thanks Matt_h. I looked at both covers in the link you referenced. One cover is no longer available and the other is a bit small so won’t cover the roaster with the cooling tray. More importantly tho, you aimed me at the right class of products from which I’m sure I’ll find something. I’ll post back here when I find one that works.

Cheers!! Michael

2 Likes

Another group of products that you might look at are duffle bags.

Amazon has this one for a reasonable price:

You might have to take the scissors to it to make it easy to slide on and off.

1 Like

That’s creative.

Another possibility are covers for smaller BBQ grills.

1 Like

I keep my Bullet in the basement where I also do a lot of woodworking. I made this cover from some fabric I got from Hobby Lobby. It’s not terribly pretty but does the job. The total cost was about $4.00.

Nice custom cover… but looks like you probably have a sewing machine and know how to use one :slight_smile:

@Billc, Thanks. That’s clever. It’s just a tad narrow compared to the Bullet’s specs but the bullet’s irregular shape may make that a non-issue. I’m going to order one and check it out. Michael

kkrawford. That’s perfect and is the sort of think I was hoping to find. Nice work!. Thanks for the suggestion but I don’t have a sewing machine. I’ve done some sewing of small things by hand but doing a cover like yours would be more than I’d want to do by hand. BTW, I’m also a woodworker/furniture maker. Michael

Just replying back…I looked at a couple tens of table-top grill covers on Amazon. I didn’t find anything that I thought acceptable. Michael

I use the plastic bag the Bullet was shipped in.
Aillio probably will ship you one if you tossed yours.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t have it any longer. I DID think about using the box it came it but it’s kinda big for the application but still a contender. Thanks. Miguel

How about covers for a small (not table top) Weber kettle grill? Would that be long enough? I don’t use the kettle grill so I can’t advise… just a thought

I have a kettle grill and cover. It is too small to cover the Bullet. Good thought tho. Thanks black labs. Michael

1 Like

You’re half right - I do have a sewing machine :sunglasses:

Another possibility is to use a fabric glue (instead of sewing)

Amazon lists many, including one from Gorilla glue

There are videos on YouTube that compare some of the different products.

1 Like

Same issue in the garage. Roaster is on a cart and been using towels to cover it but want to find another option. Grill covers seem like a good possibility. Also I’ve considered building a plywood box I can roll the cart in and out off. Put a rubber seal on the door to keep dust out and hard sides would prevent accidentally getting knocked by something.

Daniel, I think you are talking about building a small closet or mini garage. All that’s possible but also sounds like a lot of work.

Another option I’m looking at is a large plastic storage bin that I can flip on top of the roaster (with cooling tray in place). It would be easy to lift it off because it’s so light and would provide a good seal on the bottom if the cart top is flat.

Michael

1 Like

I just use the large plastic bag the Bullet came wrapped in. Works great and has lasted several years now.

2 Likes