What would you suggest to improve Aillio Bullet design!?

Another suggestion: I know many of us experience the dreaded ambient temperature error when pre-heating, especially when running back-to-back roasts, so I think Aillio really needs to work on better heat protection for the Induction Board electronics. I just had to replace my induction board after 8 months and I’m pretty sure my regular roasting (around 60 pounds a month, usually in a few days of back-to-back roasting) fried it. I know about the little tricks like keeping a desk fan blowing on the board at all times, but we shouldn’t have to do that.

3 Likes

WiFi connection would be nice too, but definitely Bluetooth. A USB-C connector would also be nice.

1 Like

A Power Switch.
I believe it’s been posted before but this is a long thread.

2 Likes

I just started with the Bullet, 8 seasoning roasts half to get me used to the software gui. My first thought is the improve the chaff collector gate. When doing btb roasts (all 8 seasoning roasts were back to back) cleaning out the collector between roasts (during the pre-heat for next batch) the collector was odd to handle and the plug seemed awkward and unnecessarily difficult to reseat (half the time it became unseated during reinstallation of the Chaff Collector.)

1 Like

Did anyone mention a USB-C hub for the computer that will allow adding 3RD party data into RoasTime…… I know, we’re just dreaming here though

Make sure the screws for the chaff collector plug are not overtightened.

1 Like

Power switch

Also, heat sensitive electronics further from the heat of the drum.

The chaff collector itself seats fine, it’s the rubber plug on the bottom that is my issue.

I find the only useful thing about the Trier is the ability to remove, open the bean door and reinsert the Trier to hold the door open for faster cooling, although I’m not sure if it actually helps cooldown or not.

USB micro??? my laptop doesn’t even have USB micro or USB A, so had to buy a USB micro- USB C cord. If nothing else, make this an option in when purchasing.
coming from having used a Hottop for 10 years I was a little intimidated by the options the Bullet has only find how well it works. However my main complaint is lack of a bean cooler stirrer, something like the Hottop uses, so bought a battery powered automatic pot stirrer, I’ll see how well it works when it arrives.

Did you look at the post I linked? It specifically references the fit of the plug.

I would like to see RoasTime have the ability to receive and plot an outside temperature sensor via a USB port. I have an Amprobe TMD 56 digital thermometer. Some years ago I was tinkering with a Behmor to measure the air temperature inside and I had no trouble reading and plotting the Amprobe with Artisan.

1 Like

Like a few others here, I’d prefer a USB-C connection on the control panel. Also a relocation of the port from the current location to either the bottom or the side edge of the control panel.

Something else I’d like to see is the redesign of the PCB cover to allow for the installation of an external 120 or 140mm pc style fan to provide more airflow over the PCB. The current cover can accomodate one, however the cover tends to flex or bow. Ideally, a slightly deeper height to the cover (to prevent interference between mounting screw and components) and possibly slightly heavier gauge material would also make a positive change.

I currently use a pc fan to get more airflow over the PCB, which allows me to roast when ambient temps are 35°C or more, with the board temp not getting over 75°C. No more failed roasts due to PCB overheating.

Recipes are terrific, but have some limitations. I would like to be able to trigger a change based on minutes/seconds after first crack and on delta temperature.
Jim

3 Likes

Don’t make me actually want to use recipes

Can I add to that brillant idea and suggest to have a trigger at minutes/seconds after a “user” event in general, e.g., mark a phase or set a comment?

1 Like

I can see a future issue with the placement of the usb port for computer connection, it’s too near the body of the roaster and gets quite warm. I might suggest move it to the side and change it to USB-C.

1 Like

The chaff collector fits fine, it’s the rubber stopper on the bottom that seems hinky.

This is actually an addition to RW Analysis. Add a phase percentage bar for each selected roast at the bottom below the graph (stacked one above the other and left aligned) so that the phase length differences of each roast are apparent. I’ve seen this in online articles comparing roast profiles and find it useful.
Jim

It would be amazing to have some sort of compare or analysis tool for people who cannot go online.