V2 Induction Board: ErC 256/512/480

As Bruce suggests, please open a ticket with your distributor, or with Aillio if you purchased direct from us.

Long story short I bought 2 bullets in 2014. Believing in the project since the beginning. Shipped 6 July 2015, 2017 i remove the bad diode, but it seem the coil was damage. They se nd me a new one arrived. I had problems until finally one moth ago 2020 I put the new coil in my bullet. I was very happy, did 10 roast and now. Error 256 is coming In the new V2 coil version 110v. Roastime updated 2.5.5 firmware, it sees again I was lucky. V2 also failed. Any help. Sees bullet responds to some directions but will not heat up again.

1 Like

Forgot to say. Bullet serial number S/N000070

Serial no 2276. Got 0000 and 0001 errors to begin with. After a few unplugs and turn ons, the error changed to 256. After a few more unplugs ans restarts, was able to preheat and roast a batch. During the cooling phase the error recured.

Fingers crossed… :roll_eyes:

Not sure that this is related to your Error Codes, but if you are cycling power to reset the Bullet and getting changing results, try removing the power then wait a bit (15 sec? 20 sec? not sure). I found when doing f/w updates that I had to repeat cycling power several times before it actually reset itself. I have an external switch which makes it easy to turn it off for a sec or 2, then back on. It just wasn’t resetting properly till I used a longer pause.

Bruce

1 Like

Thank you for the tip. Looks like it’s more than a reset required this time though: a possible induction board failure. :sweat:

Ouch! Hope they can get one to you quickly.

Bruce

Got an email from Aillio saying that they would be sending a replacement board. This pandemic though is messing up with the shipping and related timeline. On a positive note, looks like a simple replacement and looking at related posts, there haven’t been any recurence once the faulty boards are identified and replaced.

The fact that most of the repairs are DIY is actually raising my confidence further on the Bullet. I’d dread having to ship a roaster for servicing or to wait for technicians to come and do their thing at my end.

Everything I’ve had to deal with so far has been that way. Which is not to say I’ll be able to do everything that comes up (the thought I could some day have to replace the cable from the power board to the control panel makes me want to check shipping cost back to Sweet Maria’s!).

Bruce

I can say for my part, I just got a replacement induction board a few weeks ago, and everything has been working well so far (fingers crossed!)

Don’t know where firmware will be at when you get your board, but as an FYI I needed to upgrade to beta 558 immediately, otherwise I got Err32 overheat warnings b/c the threshold is set a bit too low in the floor version.

1 Like

Thank you. Was wondering if the FW needs to be updated after the board is replaced. You answered that befor I asked. :slight_smile:

Please Aillio send me a new board if it’s the solution. More than one week without roasting it’s not good for the business. :crossed_fingers:

Today, exactly 2 years since I ordered my Bullet, I got the dreaded ErC 0256 error during cool down of my latest roast. I just e-mailed Julio at SM’s and hopefully, this will be resolved soon. Of course, it’s Labor Day weekend!

I remember well, soon after I got my Bullet, that some people started having this trouble. I thanked my lucky stars it wasn’t me. But I guess it’s my turn.

And yes, I’ve updated the firmware…

Just happened to me… I’ve reached out to Aillio.

Have my first farmer’s market this weekend too! The worst timing.

Aillio sent me a replacement induction module which I was able to easily replace and everything is back up and running!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey Jim,
Any chance would you share with me the instructions? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t know how to reach out to Aillio. I’m currently trying to take care of production, so I can’t think straight. I’m getting the 0000/0001 code now too…

How do you find your serial number

Support email: [email protected]
If you bought the Bullet from Sweet Maria you could also try to contact them.

Serial number you should be able to find in the info panel of the RT software when you connect the bullet to your laptop.

1 Like

For the record, if the Bullet is having 0000/0001 and couldn’t connect to the computer, the Serial Number can be found physically on the Bullet.

For older Bullets, the Serial Number can be found after taking off the Chaff Collector. For newer Bullets, the Serial Number is on the side of the Bottom Cover.

Best regards,
Kevin